Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Where can I find

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Location: 120 miles south of the southern border. No bullets, No cartels, No worries!
Default Where can I find

Hi all,
Snooping around the internet, looking for parts for my 93 Montero 5 speed, I came across your forum. It seems to have a lot of information, but not for my specific needs. I am hoping I can get some direction from you very knowledgeable guys and gals.

1. Where can I find a Clutch Peddle bushing kit,
2. My oil pressure gauge has gone south, like registering "0" lbs for oil pressure. Where can I find an OEM gauge. Only need the oil press. gauge. However, if none available, does anyone know the size of the gauge and I can look at aftermarket gages,
3. Horn ring brass button that has a spring on the button which is tapered on one end and the other end stays in contact with the horn ring.

I have spent hours on the internet looking for this stuff and can't find it.

BTW, real good advice on the manuals. I found and d/l a set of Factory Service Manuals and they have been invaluable!!!!!!!!

Thanks and hope you can help me out here.

Bob Miller

Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 PM

post pictures of the parts you need

Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Location: 120 miles south of the southern border. No bullets, No cartels, No worries!

Originally Posted by mxmikie
post pictures of the parts you need
I have looked all over trying to find out how to attach or paste a scanned pdf picture of the clutch pedel, but I am not finding out how to do that.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM

By the looks of your 'location tag' I'd say there aren't any pick-and-pull yards near you, or dealers for that matter. (Those would be my first suggestions.)

Finding an obscure part from on-line OEM parts distributors can be challenging. I've had the best luck calling said companies when sourcing hard to locate parts.

Here is a good source for after-market gauges if you're still searching.

Auto Meter

Good Luck

Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Z.
By the looks of your 'location tag' I'd say there aren't any pick-and-pull yards near you, or dealers for that matter. (Those would be my first suggestions.)

Finding an obscure part from on-line OEM parts distributors can be challenging. I've had the best luck calling said companies when sourcing hard to locate parts.

Here is a good source for after-market gauges if you're still searching.

Auto Meter

Good Luck
Thanks Mr. Z. the site looks interesting and will check it out. Let not my location fool me as I go to the US all the time. I can also order and have the parts shipped to a US mail forwarder and picked up for me or even to a hotel where I frequently stay.

I still can't figure out how to attach a scanned PDF foto of a single page from the FSM that I have for the 1993 Montero. When I click on the "insert image' button, it asks for my URL location and I don't have one.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM

I've included pictures in posts by using the following method from a computer:

1) click on 'manage attachments'

2) select 'choose file'

3) select the photo you would like to include (resize it to meet the format requirements).

4) select 'upload'

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Where can I find-p1011137cropped_2.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. Z.; 09-08-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:39 PM

Mr. Z, thanks for the instructions. However I, at the request of another forum contributor here, was asked for photos of the parts I am looking for. So, I am not wanting to know how to post an avatar, but a scanned document in pdf format, or a photo in jpg or other widely used format.
thanks again,
Bob

Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Default TSB photo of clutch pedal

OK, I am trying the instructions from Mr. Z. Hope this does it.

I have a TBS scanned page of the clutch pedal and I need the bushing kit or at the very least, a bushing for where the clutch master cyl connects to the clutch pedal.

Thanks, and please disregard my previous post Mr. Z as I did not fully understand it until I again started to check out the UCP or user Control Panel.
Bob

Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 PM

The file size if too large for this forums requirements.
So, I guess I will take a time out. But I don't really know why I need to post photos of the parts I need anyway. I thought my description was sufficient.
Bob

Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 PM

By the sound of the specific part you need, I'd suggest calling a MM dealer and explaining what part you are look for...they will ship it to your location (cost?).

Give them your vin number, and they'll get an exploded view of the area in question. I wouldn't be surprised if the bushing comes with the entire master cylinder assembly (worst case).