Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Wiper Fuse Keeps Blowing,

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Exclamation Wiper Fuse Keeps Blowing,

So today it starts raining and i go to turn my wipers on and nada
I checked the fuse and it was blown. So i replaced the 15amp fuse and it blew the second i replaced it. The windshield wiper switch was not even in the on position. So i turned the key off, put a fuse in, and it didn't blow, but the second i flipped the key to the on position the fuse blew again. I disconnected the front Wiper motor and still same results. Anybody have any idea what could be shorting out??

Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 AM

If your wiper fuse keeps blowing, you will need to trace those wires from behind the fuse that keeps blowing (wiper fuse), to the wiper motor. The wires most likely melted or have a bad spot in them now that you will need to find. Try to rewire it at the steering column or in the harness. Each one is grounded if the connection is shorting where you repaired it must make sure you soldered and shrink wrapped the wiring the only other place, there is a ground is on the steering column. If you trace the wires all the way to the motor and are unable to find anything then it may be that this caused the motor itself to go bad and is failing or shorting out now. This is where to look and where you will be able to find your problem.