Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 Mitsubishi Outlander Problem!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Default 07 Mitsubishi Outlander Problem!!!!!

Hi all,

We own a 07 outlander....2.0L diesel turbo...30,000miles
It's been having a problem in the last few months.

At approx 2k rpm...it's inclined to chug a little....no power when you try to drive off...then lurched forward.

It was doing this for a while...then it just died on the roadside....felt like it ran out of fuel..but this was not the case.
Local Mitsi dealer replace the fuel pum...said it was faulty...but the chuging/lurching hasn't gone away.
It's intermittent too...so it's hard to find and making me look like I'm lying to the dealer..
Was told by the dealer there was a bullitin from mitsubishi on ERG valve and this was replaced also...but the fault remains.

Any ideas??? any help greatly appreciated

Vin

Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM

Best to do a search before asking. If you went to the next page, you would have seen this thread:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/fo...er=desc&page=2
Which sums up the problem.

It's no wonder Mitsubishi dropped that Volkswagen engine from the Outlander...

Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Best to do a search before asking. If you went to the next page, you would have seen this thread:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/fo...er=desc&page=2
Which sums up the problem.

It's no wonder Mitsubishi dropped that Volkswagen engine from the Outlander...

Yeah...had read of Ronwil's problem earlier.....ours doesnt die at the roadside anymore...but that lurchin andalmost stalling thing happens quite regularly....it almost feels like a dodgy spark plug in a petrol engine or even water in the fuel....in a petrol engine...
I have NO experience of diesels...just trying to describe what it does...accelerates away upto about 2K rpm in second...then bigdrop off then lurched forward again...does that explain it any better?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 PM

Best to take it to the dealer if you are still under warranty and let them figure it out.
I would say its the turbo going into limp mode because a sensor is either faulty or detecting a fault with the turbo.
They don't sell Outlanders with diesel engines here, so I can't say from personal experience.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Default Possible Fix??

Just spoke to the dealership mechanic last night. He was able to "re-create" the fault....seems it's a sensor on the brake pedal that cuts the engine back.....and its faulty.
New sensor now fitted so lets see how it works.
Anyone else ever come across this?

Vin

Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Hi all! Mats in Sweden here! My 07 Outlander 2.0 Diesel seems to have similar problem as describe by Vinniew. The engine lamp was lighten approx 6 months ago. The authorized Mitsubishi garage switched the EGR valve/throttle but the lamp still lights. The garage have given up after several attempts to find the reason. I don't know if it is a combined problem but when having my caravan attached and driving uphills the engine often suddenly loose most of it's power. If I stop and switch of the engine and start again it is normal again until next uphill...any ideas anyone!

Old 09-05-2011, 03:21 AM

Hi! Anupdate from Mats. I changed to another Mitsu service garage. They found some fuses that was broken, but that did not solve the problem. Finally after 4 hours they digged deeper and found a valve that was broken. After succesfull negotioations by the serviceman with Mitsubishi Sweden service manager, they agreed to have the valve cost as a guarantee (saved 960 USD!) as goodwill. I had to pay for the work (approx 420 USD). I have not tried to drive with the caravan attached but I am very sorry to say that the problem with the "limp home mode" appeared twice a week ago when driving fast uphill without the caravan on the hook. I have reported this to the garage and they want to continue the search for the error. I not so interested to see my money disapear in "try and error"...Let's keep contact and report from our similar problem and what we can find! Thanks! //Mats

Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 AM

Hi Passby, thanks for the news, although they are "negative". What is your next step? i realize that it might be too soon for a conclusion from the garage what to do and if possible having Mitsu to take responsibility for this. Regarding "tjof-tjof-tjof" sound, I cannot say that it sound familiar. May I ask in which country you are? Could be of interest to work together in this.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Exclamation 04 Mitsubishi Outlander

I recently bought a Mitsubishi Outlander 2004 Biogas, I am having problems with the engine light it doesn't go off and when I am driving it shakes and stop is like it goes in limp mode, I have been having this problem for some time. The mechanic did a diagnostic test and said he needs to the throttle body and sensor, after he changed it has gone more worse the engine light doesn't want to disappear and more problems are occurring every time.

Does anyone have any advice of what I can do with the problem.