Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mitsubishi Outlander Serious Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Default Mitsubishi Outlander Serious Electrical problem

Anyone had trouble with theri 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander's electrics?

Ours all started with ' check tire pressure' then 'clicking counds from the display panel showing 'check breaks' and 'service engine soon' , then 'check engine' then the doors wouldnt open to get into the car.
Then when in driving rain on the freeway at 60mph the wind shield wipers stopped along with all the other flashing warning signs coming up at once. Scary! We couldn't see where we were going.

Took it into a dealer last month and they had it for 2 days but coulndt get it to repeat the issues. Took it back in today and probably will get the same response of until they can see the issue they don't know!

I feel they should replace the computer.

Any advice or similar problems?

Thank you for any responses.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Sounds like the typical symptoms of a bad grounding point. Get them to check the grounding points or check them yourself for corrosion/looseness.
I doubt its Outlander specific, lots of cars go haywire when core components have a bad ground.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Thank you for your reply Ivanz I will tell them when I call today. Appreciate your time.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Default Mitsubishi Outlander Serious Electrical Problems

I am having electrical issues going on with my 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander too! Started with the Harzard lights going on while i am driving, then i get the warning that my trunk door is open, followed by my hood is open warning, and then the doors are opening warning. I can't even turn off the hazard lights. I brought my car into the dealer, and they couldn't trouble shoot because they need to see when the warning lights go on. Well, in the middle of the night while the car is off and parked in my garage, my hazard lights go on and drains my batteries. Car was towed into Mitsubishi service center for trouble shooting and still they have no idea what is wrong.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 PM

Hmmmm, that is actually interesting. I also have a 2009 Outlander and few months ago my tire pressure warning light came on although all the tires were properly inflated. I took it to the dealer and I guess they just reset it. And then few weeks ago both of my key fobs suddenly stopped working. I changed the battery in one of them but that didn't help. I took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed my keys. Everything was covered under warranty so I didn't incur any costs but what will happen when my warranty will expire. So I am guessing maybe there was a bad batch of 2009 Outlanders somewhere? One thing that two of those events had in common was that the outside air temperature dropped a lot during the night.