Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006 | 07:14 PM
JMC
Default RE: 07 Outlander

I'm going this weekend to check on a few things.

Old 12-19-2006 | 08:11 PM

Temporarily bypassing the VSS should be a no brainer once/if I can get a system diagram. Or I'll have to use my trusty DMM and a lot of labor.
although I havent looked exactly at this new trans yet, it probably wont have a VSS. Mitsu deleted them about 4 years ago, and instead uses the output speed sensor on the trans, calculated inside the PCM (or in this case, the TCM) and communicated with the CAN BUS to all other needed control units (the instrument cluster control unit, the ECM, ABS, etc.etc). you cannot unhook the output speed sensor, as it is of primary importance for the correct function of the trans. Even if you could disable a VSS, you would have warning lights coming on all over.

There is a module bolted directly under the factory radio. I'm not sure what it is. It could be for the a/v inputs. I'll need to see a FSM to be certain.
if you have the NAV unit, it may be the CAN communication box for it. The Navigation needs a "translator" to speak to the CAN BUS.

Manybrews - Next time you're at work, can you pull the FSM and see if you can print/scan a copy of the wiring diagram for the back of the factory radio? In addition, if you could find out what the module is that is located directly under the radio.
if I remember, no problem. However, im absent minded about things like that at work. Ill try my best to remember, but no garantees.

Two things here: 1.) Based on MMC's prior financial's I don't trust anyone (yet). 2.) All of the Outlander accessories have to be special ordered anyways. Why not make it the consumer's choice on what we want? The stuff is clearly available in other areas, why not have it available in the US? I guess I'll have to resort to purchasing accessories on Ebay Australia.
Im sure a bean counter somewhere decided it wasnt worth it to import some of the goofier accesories. Its not like someone in cypress is secretly preventing people from buying their merchandise!

I really would leave them alone, but they don't even shut off when I'm parked. That's the biggest annoyance. I am forced to shut off the car if I want those lights off. They should really shut off while you're in park.
I THINK they'll stay off if you start the car with the parking brake on, then will come on when its released. I dont think it will shut back off if you re-engage the brake, though.

Is it really that annoying to have lights on? I drive motorcycles, and would feel quite a bit less safe if headlight use wasnt manditory.

Old 12-28-2006 | 06:00 PM
JMC

What's up with the little input jack you see when the Navi screen is open?

Old 01-04-2007 | 01:13 AM

hey dudes!!! any info. about the clank-clank noise??? this thing is weird, everytime i, pull out of my garage in reverse.....wow.[:'(](dont tell me this thing is a re-call??? shoot!!!)

Old 01-04-2007 | 06:09 PM
JMC

Nothing yet....but I have not had that noise in about a week now, weird huh?
What's up with the little input jack you see when the Navi screen is open?

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:06 PM

great....i, went to work this morning, when i pulled out, there is no noise. and i, racked over 500 miles already.could be you know....vehicle still brand new?? (i, hope!!) but navi. system all normal, no new info. or what so ever. whats up w/ the navi. anyway?? causing a problem too?? so, far mine is all normal, w/ the exception of the driveengagementnoise.

Old 01-07-2007 | 09:33 PM
JMC

When you flip the Navi screen down there is a little aux input jammie on the bottom of the screen on the left side. My dealer told me that was for loading music from yr iPod...which I thought was just crazy. Anybody look into this? Also......how is everybody putting music on the HD? What format are you burning cd's?

Old 01-09-2007 | 10:52 PM

wow...something new to me. i, remeber my dealer mentioned about dl music, but dont know how to accomplish it. and yeah the button sez "load" i, think thats the one for i-pod. but again, dont know shizzznits yet.

Old 01-10-2007 | 03:34 PM
JMC

Ok, we need to find out what the hell this little input hole is under the navi screen...my dealer has no clue...blaaaaa.
Manybrews...any light you can shine on this one?

Old 01-10-2007 | 08:48 PM
JMC

bump.......

Quick Reply: 07 Outlander