Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

11 Outlander Sport won't start on first try! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by tdott
Yea people in that thread just want to bitch and moan. I bet it's is their driving habbits that are causing the problem. People just want to blame someone else.
Agreed. I drive kinda poorly and was getting 22-23 mixed but am now getting 25-27 with the filter. I bet money if I did a road and just used cruise control at the speed limit I could hit or exceed the 29mpg rating on the highway. I have the 4wd model.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:51 AM

Heres some advice, Lemon Law America

Old 08-20-2012, 12:35 PM

I have 2011 outlander sport and just have the same start problem. I am wondering whether the problem has been clarified and the cause was found. If anyone knows, please let me know . Really annoying!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by hyeuwo
I have 2011 outlander sport and just have the same start problem. I am wondering whether the problem has been clarified and the cause was found. If anyone knows, please let me know . Really annoying!
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...15/#post282530

My experience, as documented on EvoM:

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
... In early June my dealer reflashed my entire ECU when I requested that the CPS TSB be addressed. At first I was pretty mad, as my car drove like ****, but after a short "relearning" period for the CVT, my acceleration is smoother, my powerband is more even, my engine is MUCH quieter, and my MPG's have skyrocketed. I was averaging around 28 MPG mixed but I am now averaging 31+ MPG mixed! See the chart below!

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/burtonrider10022/outlander-sport/fuelchart

The TSB information can be found HERE

Click the "Outlander Sport" blue link at the top, and it will take you to page 38 & 39 of the document. Print at least those two pages and bring them to the stealership with you. Some people have reported dealers refusing to fix the issue or attempting to charge for it. Do NOT pay for the re-flash as it is a documented TSB, just ask nicely and try to explain that it IS under warranty, and if no luck either try a different dealership/service center or contact Mistu. NA's Customer Service.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:16 PM

Thank Burtonrider10022 for the very valuable information. When the CPS TSB was corrected, is the question fixed so far?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by hyeuwo
Thank Burtonrider10022 for the very valuable information. When the CPS TSB was corrected, is the question fixed so far?

Yes, I have not had any starting issues since the TSB was completed.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
Yes, I have not had any starting issues since the TSB was completed.
Will you repost the link for TSB. I have purchased 2012 SE RVR, 3 wks back. So far i have seen twice this starting issue.One night i parked in inclined drive way, nothing happened (2/3 times) when i inserted the key - turn it to start ... then with remote it started (cold weather). This morning with cold weather (0 deg Cel) it started with 2nd try!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 PM

https://mitsubishi techinfo.com/epacarb/PCMUpdates.pdf

You have to remove the space when you put it in your browser. If I leave the link as a whole this stupid forum takes the SHI at the end of MitsubiSHI and the T from Technical and then auto-censors the word SHI T. You know, because we're not all adults and a bad word might hurt someones feelings. *rolls eyes*

Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Angry Caught on VIDEO

Here is my 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I have now brought it in 9 times and since they cannot "replicate" the problem in shop, they have told me there is NO PROBLEM with my car. A huge insult.

When I asked them if this was their car, how would they feel? They told me if someone told them to tap the gas while it was stuttering and it started no problem, they wouldn't care.

Has anyone gone anywhere with this yet?

Here is the video.

Quick Reply: 11 Outlander Sport won't start on first try! Help!