Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

18 Outlander SE has several dash warning lights, dash + PSteering lose pwr @ random

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 05:21 PM
Default 18 Outlander SE has several dash warning lights, dash + PSteering lose pwr @ random

Help! Haven’t saw each of these symptoms at the same time in the other threads. So for the past week my 18 Outlander SE has intermittently threw several dash lights/warnings. ABS, Power Steering, Charging System, Air bag. Etc. when this happens the dash loses power all together at times, and @ its worst even makes the power steering go in and out. After awhile it will stop and act perfectly fine. Other times it’s starts and stops when I engage and disengage the gas pedal. At no point though has the car no crunk right up without hesitation or died at any point during any of this. I’m fact. Outside of the power steering cutting in and out, it’s drives fine all the time regardless of this issue happening or not.

In the past when something like this has happened I would have thought the belt had broken possibly or the battery/alternator or both was bad. The belt is in near flawless condition and has proper tension. I took the car to have the alternator and the battery tested on two occasion and both times it tested in good working condition.

Last thing to note would be that I have been running a volt meter in my 12v receptacle. It always sits around 12.5 in every car I have ever tested. When the car is operating like it should it is pulling between 12.5 and 14 volts. But when it starts having the issues it jumps up to 15-17 volts at that point. Idk if this info helps solve the puzzle or not.

Trying to avoid taking this to the closest Mitsu which happens to be over an hour drive away from me. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited by dustinac33; 09-14-2023 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 09-29-2023, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by dustinac33
Help! Haven’t saw each of these symptoms at the same time in the other threads. So for the past week my 18 Outlander SE has intermittently threw several dash lights/warnings. ABS, Power Steering, Charging System, Air bag. Etc. when this happens the dash loses power all together at times, and @ its worst even makes the power steering go in and out. After awhile it will stop and act perfectly fine. Other times it’s starts and stops when I engage and disengage the gas pedal. At no point though has the car no crunk right up without hesitation or died at any point during any of this. I’m fact. Outside of the power steering cutting in and out, it’s drives fine all the time regardless of this issue happening or not.

In the past when something like this has happened I would have thought the belt had broken possibly or the battery/alternator or both was bad. The belt is in near flawless condition and has proper tension. I took the car to have the alternator and the battery tested on two occasion and both times it tested in good working condition.

Last thing to note would be that I have been running a volt meter in my 12v receptacle. It always sits around 12.5 in every car I have ever tested. When the car is operating like it should it is pulling between 12.5 and 14 volts. But when it starts having the issues it jumps up to 15-17 volts at that point. Idk if this info helps solve the puzzle or not.

Trying to avoid taking this to the closest Mitsu which happens to be over an hour drive away from me. Thanks for any help you can provide!

thanks for all the help community! Good looking out fam.