Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2 question from a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Default 2 question from a new owner

Hello group, just bought a used 2008 mitsubishi outlander xls
I have two questions

1. With the keyless entry when i slide my hand in the handle the driver side door only opens. When reading the manual there is a way to slide my hand in and glide over a sensor or something so I can unlock the passenger side door when I have others driving with me. I have tried sliding my hand in a hundred ways but it only unlocks the drivers side door. How do I do this?

2. When ever i adjust the heat to below 75 degrees the blue snowflake lights up meaning the air condition is on. I always have to press the snowflake to turn it off. How do i fix this so it does not do that?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by shallowz
Hello group, just bought a used 2008 mitsubishi outlander xls
Welcome to the board!
1. With the keyless entry when i slide my hand in the handle the driver side door only opens. When reading the manual there is a way to slide my hand in and glide over a sensor or something so I can unlock the passenger side door when I have others driving with me. I have tried sliding my hand in a hundred ways but it only unlocks the drivers side door. How do I do this?
You configure the car to do one option or the other using your key fob. It is not possible to have both options - only one binary sensor in the handle.
Your owners manual and this post with the utube video should explain how to make the change.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...25/#post278725
2. When ever i adjust the heat to below 75 degrees the blue snowflake lights up meaning the air condition is on. I always have to press the snowflake to turn it off. How do i fix this so it does not do that?
This is a feature. Depends on your settings for the other ***** too. But the far left and far right positions (mine is in centigrade, sorry) of your temperature **** are max air conditioning and max heater. I'm sure both of them turn on the compressor for air or defogging.

When you've got the selector on one of the defrost settings or AUTO it will kick on the compressor to attempt and defog the cabin.

I think it turns on the A/C compressor when you've got it set to AUTO and the temperature is turned below the ambient temperature outside - but not sure about that one.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 AM

Thank you
i will watch the video and decide if I only want to unlock the driver side door or them all.

The blue snowflake is annoying but something i guess i have to live with

Thank you

Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Shallowz, does your AC kick in on "Auto" temperature setting when the inside temperature is set to lower than air temp? I had this enabled by default in my 2011 Outlander Sport. I disabled the auto-AC activation by pressing and holding down the AC on button for about 10 seconds or so. It may bleep once or twice indicating that the mode has changed.

Not sure if this works on the 2008 big outlander, but thought I'd mention it in case it does.