Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 - 2009 Outie Problem Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Default 2007 - 2009 Outie Problem Thread!

Hello All! I want to start this thread by posting all the little problems that my and all of yours Outie's are having.

Having own the 2007 Outlander for 2 years now, it hasn't cause even a little problem till recently.

1) Steering Control Not Working at Times (Sometimes when I press volume up, it goes down. When I press volume down, it active the blue tooth system.) I believe this problem is only found on 2007's.

2) Passenger side window, when going down, it makes a rubber contact noise. Not loud, but sounds like there is something wrong with the rubber inside.

3) Today, when I wanted to slide the sun-roof open, it didn't work. The tilt still works though. I turn off the car, to restart the electrical, and it worked again.

I haven't bought the car to the dealer yet. But even though I do, I know it will probably work fine in front of the tech-nies for problem 1 and 3...

If you guys have any of these problems, please post for any solution or what will you do about them, keep us updated.

If any of you guys have different problems, and what to share to see if others have them, please do so!

Thanks,

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM

I partially solved the small problem of the clock/radio display washing out in the sunlight by buying a Bell brand jumbo digital clock ($6) at K-Mart and hanging it off the A/C-heat vent just to the right of the driver. I say partially solved because the clock works great for checking the time, but I still can't see the radio station call letters or song displays in the sunlight.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 PM

Driver's side wheel well liner retainer broke and allowed it to get blown back onto the tire at high speeds. I cut up a black garbage can and patched the hole and reinforced the liner. Saved about $150.

While waxing, I noticed the plastic bumper shroud behind rear passenger wheel seems to have a broken retainer....driver's side feels firm. Have not fixed yet.

Dimples on the hood.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ccernst
Driver's side wheel well liner retainer broke and allowed it to get blown back onto the tire at high speeds. I cut up a black garbage can and patched the hole and reinforced the liner. Saved about $150.

While waxing, I noticed the plastic bumper shroud behind rear passenger wheel seems to have a broken retainer....driver's side feels firm. Have not fixed yet.

Dimples on the hood.
I guess the same thing happened to my fender liner. I just blamed the dealership that they lefted loose and they just repleced it for free.