Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Default 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS

Hello forum

I just got a 2007 Outlander and I'm happy with it. I have a few questions that I wish I can get some answers on.

1. Opening the front doors with the key in my pocket, I cant get it to work. It works when I walk up to the trunk door and I open it with the key in my pocket and it unlocks all the doors.

2. TPMS light. I have bad sensors. I ordered some off EBAY (new) and still can't get the relearned. I was told they were bad, by two shops. Oh well. They gave me a refund. I plan to just leave them until I need new tires. I have the ATEQ MitsuReset tool and tried to get it done, but no joy. I ordered the lexia diagbox to hopefully turn off the TPMS light. still reading the other thread on that. But I just ordered it so I have time. (Hong Kong)

3. Speed odometer cluster. How hard is it to change out. I have some errors in mine and would like to swap it out. Would I be able to change the mileage with the diagbox to match my current unit.
Name:  20160407_070219_zpshml7muhu.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  176.2 KB

4. Service reminder. It's tuned off and I would like to turn it on, but cant. I tried the Info button way several times with no luck. I want to set it up for severe maintenance mode. Towing boat and medium trailer sometimes.

5. enable alarm with the diagbox. So do I not have a alarm now?

Writing this out makes it look like I'm having tons of problems. But it appears to be mostly computer work. I'll take that over mechanical any day. Sorry for the long post. But in help would be great. I also plan to be active on the forum when I'm not looking for answers. Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:06 PM

I'm an IT tech(specificially in-vehicle electronic design and installation) and a backyard mechanic. I would take swinging wrenches over messing with closed source factory integrated electronics any day.

I can help you with a few things:

2) Get OEM sensors and try the ATEQ again. I have that tool and it works great.

4) It's been years since I've done it. You'll have to search the form, but there is a hidden menu you can access to turn it off.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:57 PM

The real instructions for the Diagbox lexia tool:

Diagbox takes several hours to install because you have to install the base 7.02, then install each patch, then open up the program for each patch to complete installation, then move onto the next patch.

Then you have to run TLCDFix.exe to hack the access code for diagbox. (some sellers have a corrupted copy of the TLCDFix.exe)

Then it's a simple matter of connecting the LEXIA Evolution to your car.
Enter Peugot 4007--> Diagbox
Go to repair.
Go to BSI
Enter Programming by default
Here's the tricky part, it will ask you to auto program, instead of clicking on the green checkmark, click on the red X instead.
Then you click on Under Inflation Detection and the green check, then click "missing".
Then click on the gear cogs to write the new configuration to the car.

Last edited by gggplaya; 05-12-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:59 PM

To open the front door with the fastkey in your pocket, you have to reach inside the handle and place your fingertips on the back side of the handle and pull once, the car will beep and unlock, then pull again to open the door.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:04 PM

Replacing the cluster is easy, but involves removing the back of the cluster, getting an eeprom clamp and changing a few hex bytes in the eeprom to the mileage. I'm in the process of installing a color one, but haven't gotten around to reinstalling the new cluster in the car. I need a free weekend :-(

Old 05-15-2016, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I will give the handle thing a try and report back. Also let me know how the cluster goes when you get the time to do it.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
To open the front door with the fastkey in your pocket, you have to reach inside the handle and place your fingertips on the back side of the handle and pull once, the car will beep and unlock, then pull again to open the door.
Can you explain this a little better. BTW I can walk up to the trunk and open the hatch, it then opens all doors. I just cant go to either the drivers side or passenger side and do the same.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:37 PM

I don't know what else there is to explain. There is a sensor strip on the inside of the handle, it reads your hand, but if you try to grab the handle with your whole hand, the sensor sometimes doesn't read. It's best to use your fingertips on the inside of the handle so it reads.