Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander iphone integration question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Default 2007 Outlander iphone integration question

Hi everyone, new to this forum, but not new to forums in general. I did a quick search on here and google, and could not come up with much. I am hoping someone has run across the same as me and has a solution.

Basically, I would like to integrate an iphone into the OEM stereo head unit. This will be a xmas present for my girlfriend. She has an iphone for work and uses the navigation app to go to work meetings and stuff. Anyway, I would like to find something that will 1)charge her phone, 2)play her music through the speakers, 3)play the navigation voice through her speakers, and 4)be better quality than a modulator.

I have integration units in 2 of my 3 cars already, but that company (USA Spec) does not make one for her car, or at least I have been unsuccessful in finding it. To date, I have been happy with the USA Spec products, but this seems to be irrelovant here. In my searching thus far, I did find a product that seems to use the "modulator" theory, but it seems it might be better than the typical ones because it actually plugs into the antenna port on the back of the head unit. I found this product at www.icarkits.com

any thoughts or experience with this product?
any better options out there that I did not see?

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM

I should add, car does not have the MMCS thing and is in the USA. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM

anyone?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM

This isn't a chat room.

Most of our more informed members do not check in every hour.

I have a 2012 GT, and opted for the bluetooth phone system, and have a TomTom mounted on the left side of the dash, between the wheel and A pillar.

Doesn't help much for the mp3 player, but you can get everything separate for the FUSE sysgtem, which will get the BlueTooth and the USB port in the center arm rest.

But then you should be able to BlueTooth the tunes,so the USB port is not really necessary. I bluetooth tunes from my Droid to the stereo.(RockfordFosgate).

all that's missing would be a GPS, there should be a 12 volt outlet in the arm rest to use for charging.

Last edited by milliesdad; 11-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:48 PM

You'd think if he was not new to forums he'd know that people do have lives outside the web lol..
Welcome matey..
Fm transmitters are tacky and do not offer much clarity etc,when you drive into a used frequency you then have to change yours.. Annoying IMO. Why not remove factory system and install an aftermarket unit like the Pioneer Avic1 or something.. Solely iPhone built

Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM

she does not like the look of aftermarket head units. so, i know fm transmitters do not offer the best quality sound, but there isnt much out there for this car that i am seeing so far. she just simply wants a cable to charge her iphone and listen to music through the factory head unit. i have bluetooth in my other cars, but that is not something she is interested in. are there any quality options out there for the factory radio?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 AM

You could put the USB port in the armrest well-It was standard with the FUSE option. You'd have to have a Mitsu parts dept find the stock number for the 07, as I have it for the '12. It is probably different.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by milliesdad
You could put the USB port in the armrest well-It was standard with the FUSE option. You'd have to have a Mitsu parts dept find the stock number for the 07, as I have it for the '12. It is probably different.

i am pretty sure she does not have that option, i did not see any usb inside the armrest. there are also no rca connections on the back of the center console. however, the wires are there after i removed the back panel of the center console. also, if i hold down the CD button, it goes to "aux", so it would seem like there should be a way to use those wires behind the panel on the back of the center console. thanks.