Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Outlander @ the Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Default 2008 Outlander @ the Dealer

Hi everyone, went to the Mitsu dealer yesterday for our first oil change. While there, saw an '08 in the showroom. a number of new things worth mentioning:

- door panels are now slightly bumpy textured
- chrome door handles
- Nav has newer software, 2006-01 vs the 2005 in my '07 Outlander

Wonder if we're able to get that software update, would be nice to have an updated Nav for sure!

As an aside, best service i've had at any dealership to date, dealt with a bunch of small things on the spot, ordered me a replacement mirror for driver's side (images looked skewed, althgough they couldn't really see it they ordered a new one anyways). Heck, there was a small scratch on the driver's door (2 inches, very shallow), the parts guy came out, washed down the car, and then buffed 95% of the scratch out by hand, -5 Celcius at the time, now that's service! Dealer is North Toronto Mitsubishi by the way...

Dave

Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Default RE: 2008 Outlander @ the Dealer

I wish we had that type of service down here in South Florida

after they sell you the car here.. they forget you exist

Old 11-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Hey, you go to North Toronto Mitsu??? Cool!!
I just bought my Mitsubishi Outlander XLS with Navi in Markham Mitsubishi last 2 months.
I got the 2007 Company Demo. The dealer I delt with was nice, but after the purchase, they were total *******!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:38 AM

Hey ShortyRider, sorry to hear your dealer turned out to be a dud. Hope you're enjoying the Outlander, i love the Navi, best one i've ever used in a vehicle, i have a BMW 328i with Navi, and i think the Mitsu's blows it out of the water!

I think you can take your truck to any dealer, North Toronto isn't that far from Markham, you may want to switch dealers, so far i've had great service, hope that keeps up!

good luck,

Dave

Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Well, I was thinking of going to N. Toronto Mitsu when planning to buy a Outie. However, I saw a demo Outie in the parking lot of Markham, so I went there...

How they treat you when you when to N. Toronto Mitsu when you made your purchase.

BTW, today, I'm suppose to do to their dealer at night for like a Mitsu Meeting. I ask question and listen to advice to how to treat my Outie!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 PM

Heyyy!!! Just got back from the meeting. Learn couple of new things! I like the service guys over there, they seem really friendly and helpful....I guess the service people are nicer than the sales persons! I as them if they could take out the tail-light and remove some dirty insect. They offer to do it for FREE....Really Cool!

I also won the 1 st prize...lol, which was a 1:18 Diecast of a Eclipse 1995...I like it =D
Planning to do my oil change with them next week!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:57 AM

They also changed the FAST key, it's nicer and smaller then the 07 ones, they had the key just loose on the passenger seat in the showroom, I was a little surprised to see that, I know where to go shopping if I loose one of mine :-). And the luggage cover is now an option on the XLS. In a way I’m not surprised to see that the luggage cover is optional, I leave mine at home, since I have no where to put it when I use the 3rd row seats.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by millicat
Hi everyone, went to the Mitsu dealer yesterday for our first oil change. While there, saw an '08 in the showroom. a number of new things worth mentioning:

- door panels are now slightly bumpy textured
- chrome door handles
- Nav has newer software, 2006-01 vs the 2005 in my '07 Outlander

Wonder if we're able to get that software update, would be nice to have an updated Nav for sure!

As an aside, best service i've had at any dealership to date, dealt with a bunch of small things on the spot, ordered me a replacement mirror for driver's side (images looked skewed, althgough they couldn't really see it they ordered a new one anyways). Heck, there was a small scratch on the driver's door (2 inches, very shallow), the parts guy came out, washed down the car, and then buffed 95% of the scratch out by hand, -5 Celcius at the time, now that's service! Dealer is North Toronto Mitsubishi by the way...

Dave
Eh Millicat, did you went in Peterborough ??? I'm going in Burlington and service sucks...