Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

dealer WRECKED my outlander

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Default dealer WRECKED my outlander

was out for the 15k mile maintainance. not the dealer that i bought my outlander because the company was sold to another company so i went to henderson nv because they have the diamond award for service. was very happy that there 15k mentainance was only $199 a $100 less and was very friendly at first maybe it's because it's our first time there. we waited for almost 2 hours and then we paid for the charge when we went out to get the car it was wrecked. they said they hit a pole when they bring the car out. there started our agony. they said they will have us a rented car. wait for 45mins. but instead they will pick us up to go to the enterprise rent a car to do the transaction of renting. they didn't help us unload the stroller the two carseats and and a 150lbs box. me and my wife unloaded and transfered to the pick up vehicle. went to interprise. unloaded again all the carseats and the 150lbs box. when we're there we can't select a car because there is no car in there. waited again for an hour for returned cars. they rent us a 08 mazda6. loaded the box and the carseat.
they said it will take more than a week to fix it. asked them how will it affect the carfax they said it will not.
over all it was a pain. spent all afternoon for that and missed 2 appointments.

what would you do if you are on my shoes.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 AM

one more thing..... do i need to report it to the police and get a police report?

Last edited by theddy; 06-09-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 AM

i'm going to trade-in in a couple of months and im afraid it will show on the cars history and affect he value.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
tcp
Default I would think,

Not likely. The dealer is having their contract body shop do the work. Unless it is reported to police/insurance, it is all an internal transaction.

Originally Posted by theddy
i'm going to trade-in in a couple of months and im afraid it will show on the cars history and affect he value.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 AM

it happened yesterday. my 07outlander is clean and barely used only has a little over 14k in 2 years. it happened just after after the service is done. we paid and went outside then he hit a pole.
went there for maintenance ended up for repair. it really sucks. we want to report it to the mitsubishi's website customer service so that miitsubishi will deal directly with the dealer. what do you think?
need your help can't sleep.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:17 AM

First relax and take a deep breath. Let the dealer repair the vehicle, but the one thing you need to consider is "diminished value" on your outlander now that it has been in a wreck however small the wreck may have been. Diminished value is very common in accident settlement cases where the other party, in this case the dealer, was at fault.

Any vehicle that has been involved in an accident is going to have less value (diminished value) at trade in time vs a vehicle that has not been wrecked. That's one of the big reasons people buying a used vehicle use services like carfax to find out if the vehicle has been wrecked.

Tell the dealer you want additional compensation to cover the diminished value. As far as what the diminished value is, I would check with other dealers in town, along with researching sites like www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com to come up with a fair amount.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM

I wouldn't worry about it affecting your trade in value. I've never had a dealership check the history of a vehicle I've traded in. There is much more haggle room in the value of your trade in than in the value of your new car.

I can't see a dealer, particularly in this economy, not giving you what you want for a trade because of an accident that was repaired, particularly one that didn't affect the mechanical structure of the vehicle.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM

I will sue the god damn dealer for Negligence. Talk to a lawyer you might get a new car. That's all you want a NEW CAR.

Tell the attorney you need a new car and the dealer should pay for the Lawyer's fee. Contact the Bank you had Financing tell them you will not pay for the car anymore because the dealer broke it.

A dealer also broke my steering wheel cover. the replace it but it doesn't feel new anymore.

Last edited by BEAT; 06-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:26 PM

we called mitsu and they told us to wait for the dealer to finish the repair. and if we are not satisfied or still have some concerns we talk to the service manager of the dealer and also call mitsu again. mitsu had it documented and they also gave us a refference number. mitsu also told us thaat it won't show on the cars history (carfax). hope it's true.

Last edited by theddy; 06-09-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:21 PM

Do what you think is right, but any used car appraiser who knows what he is doing can tell if a vehicle has been repaired just by looking for telltale signs regardless of what the carfax says.

Now as far as the argument that a dealer is not going to care that your car was damaged and repaired. Put yourself in the shoes of the person who might be interested in buying your outlander.

If you had a choice between your outlander and an identical one (same price) that had not been in an accident, which one would you choose? Dealers are in the business to make money and regardless of how minor the damage to your outlander was, dealers know its going to affect its resale value which in turn will affect your trade-in value.

Quick Reply: dealer WRECKED my outlander