Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander, 'check oil level'warning.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Monkhouse
I have just replaced the oil in my daughters Outlander which had nearly three litres of oil too much in it, the warning 'check oil level' has been on on the clocks for quite a while now and I can't find the oil level sensor, I would assume it's a float type or similar in the sump but I can't see anything on the sump that looks like a sensor.I have drained the oil out-which looks like engine oil rather than oil/diesel mix and put in the correct amount of 5-30 (5.5 litres). The oil level is now exactly where it should be but the message is still on the dash. My questions are 1. Where-assuming it is faulty- is the level sensor? and 2.How do I delete the message? Thanks to anyone who can answer either or both questions.Regards, Bob.
I think your problem is the dpf filter. When it gets blocked , the dpf regenerates. What it does is, opens up all the injectors and pumps loads of diesel . The fuel doesn't get fully burnt and fuel eventually lodges on the dpf. Then the dpf reddins and burns off the crap that has collected on the filter. Therefore cleaning it. The problem is that diesel gets past the pistons and mixes with the oil

Old 11-02-2018, 05:53 AM

Had the same issue with ours. Once the light comes on if it has been overfilled (due to DPF regens) then the dealer has to reset the light. It cost us £52.00 to have done. They also found the DPF had overheated and needs to be replaced even though there is no message on the screen.. The replacement DPF is over £1200 from Mitsubishi but BM in Mansfield have an exhaust manufacturing factory now and do Cat's and DPF's. I spoke to them yesterday about it and they have one planned but it could be 6 months or longer. For me I am fine with that as long as it gets its MOT done and even if I need to change the oil again in 6 months I am fine waiting as the car runs fine and once they have a DPF made it would be about £250 to £300 I think and they have a tyre and exhaust centre in town so a trip up for me is OK. So if yours has not over heated you can get them cleaned chemically and it may be OK.. Worst case it would be a wait for BM to make a DPF. Here is a link so I would say if you need or prefer to have a new DPF give them a call and ask for Dave Anderson. The more people who ask the more chance of getting it done faster...

Manufacturer of Catalysts, DPFs & Front Pipes

Old 04-20-2021, 02:39 AM

Hi all , today I reset oil level light with launch diagnose....something like oil life on other cars...Cgheers!

Old 05-24-2021, 06:22 AM

Hi Mihaita,
How did you reset it? Are you from Romania?

Thanks.
Cristian

Old 09-23-2021, 02:47 AM

Hello,

I have same problem with oil level light. I can not to remove/reset this light.
Could you tell me someone (who can) how I can reset this light?
i use diagnostic program and I bought diagnostic OBS2 cable from aliexpres, but it doesn“t work very well

Old 09-23-2021, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by PoseidonSK
Hello,

I have same problem with oil level light. I can not to remove/reset this light.
Could you tell me someone (who can) how I can reset this light?
i use diagnostic program and I bought diagnostic OBS2 cable from aliexpres, but it doesn“t work very well
It's easy to reset with the Foxwell 530 diagnostic tool and the Mitsubishi software from Foxwell.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:27 AM

thank you, but I haven“t got this device.
could you tell me, that it possible to reset light whne i will disconect battery? do you have this experience?

Old 09-23-2021, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by PoseidonSK
thank you, but I haven“t got this device.
could you tell me, that it possible to reset light whne i will disconect battery? do you have this experience?
Nope. The only way to reset is via a diagnose tool that has the special "Oil level reset" feature. Not all diagnose tools have it.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:51 AM

ok thank you

Old 09-13-2023, 03:24 PM

I have the same understanding. Once the oil level triggers the DPF service message, the oil needs draining and replacing (or partial drain-off and top up, if you're feeling tight). Thereafter for me its a trip to the local garage's diagnostics tool to (1) inform the car that it has had an oil change, and then (2) reset the DPF error code. Without step 1, you can't do step 2. I want to get a dependable diagnostic device so I can do it myself - just haven't found any sound advice on most suitable device.
Would consider the MUT-III approach, if there is a reputable* source to buy the software and hardware from (* reputable: pay the money, get the goods that work)

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander, 'check oil level'warning.