Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 outlander - nav installation kit - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM

The bluetooth module will be useless without the stock player (or it would be to much trouble to make it work with another system). using the Axxess or Pac steering wheel control module you should be able to utilize the phone controls with SOME aftermarket systems. i know that axxess has programming options for those buttons.

there is a reverse signal wire behind the stereo. i can confirm later which one it is, but i used it for my nav. speed sensor wire is also there.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by eugenexyu
The bluetooth module will be useless without the stock player (or it would be to much trouble to make it work with another system). using the Axxess or Pac steering wheel control module you should be able to utilize the phone controls with SOME aftermarket systems. i know that axxess has programming options for those buttons.

there is a reverse signal wire behind the stereo. i can confirm later which one it is, but i used it for my nav. speed sensor wire is also there.

nice !! i didn't even think about the speed sensor cable!!! which system did you install? i get so many different opinions about systems and cannot make up my mind.... thanks for your help

Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 AM

see my first post in this thread.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by eugenexyu
see my first post in this thread.
Any chance of seeing a pic of your install

Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by PD_BARBS
Any chance of seeing a pic of your install
here's a couple. one of a general look and one of a difference between the mitsu dash and scosche fascia. it does look a little cheap, but it cost me 15 bucks, as opposed to 120 for the original plus 40 for the conversion kit, so i'll stick with that. on a side note, i'm planning on wrapping it in leather to match the 2010 XLS interior.

Last edited by eugenexyu; 09-16-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Excellent, looks good, still waiting for my install, will post some shots up when it gets done next week.

The leather will look good, I dont think you get that option in the UK

Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Default reverse

So which color is the reverse wire?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 AM

just some of my thoughts on the subject.

i have an 09 Lancer GTS, i removed the stock 6cd changer and put in a Pioneer Avic-z2, which is an awesome nav unit i got off ebay. it offers the same, if not more features than the MMCS that Mitsu offers, and the dealer said cost wise, its smarter to go with aftermarket.

the install kit i used was the scosche one, im not impressed but it cost $60 new, as opposed to $400 for the Mitsu one.

now its been about a year since ive had the unit, and i have no knocks against the Pioneer itself, but i am now going to get the MMCS from Mitsu to install it over the Pioneer. my main problems are with the aftermarket navs, steering wheel controls for the radio and bluetooth r totally useless, so i have a bluetooth set and phone that i do not use in my car. the install kit looks cheapr, doesnt match textures at all, and rattlesbecause of the little piece of filler that has to be put in because even the scosche opening is a bit bigger.

now i know i get get the little steering wheel mount fromPioneer for the Avic, but again, it defeats the purpose of OEM steeringwheel mounted controls...

i never actually thought about that at the time of the original purchase.

as for websites, there is Mitsubishiparts.net which i have never personally used, but they have all accesories that can be purchased from the dealer, at probably a little over cost prices, but definately cheaper than dealer prices.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM

Great thread folks!

I will be purchasing a nav system for my 09 Outlander SE with the Rockford Fosgate package this week sometime. After extensive research, I've decided on the Kenwood DNX 6960, primarily because of its user-friendly interface and built-in Garmin navigation.

My goal is to have everything working, including the RF sound system and steering wheel controls for bluetooth and audio, as well as a back up camera.

@TorontoMitsu
Did you look into the PAC or Axxess steering wheel control adapters?

I was also told that both brands will work, but I have heard better things from professional installers about the Axxess, so I will go with that one.

I think that the only steering wheel control that the Kenwood won't support is the voice activation button, so I will probably program this to something else, like mute.

I will be ordering from crutchfield, as they include some of the hardware like the faceplate (Scosche) for free and they give you 50% off the $180 RF stereo adapter.

What did the poster on the first page mean by saying to get two wiring harnesses because you will need extra pins? Is that also true if I'm hooking up the Rockford Fosgate system using the special adapter for it?

I'd also like to know what color wires are for the reverse and vehicle speed.

I'll probably make a thread about the install process when I've got all of my parts ordered and I'm ready to start.

Last edited by firstorbit84; 03-21-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Guys,
Skip those cheap looking fascia plates from Scosche and Metra and go ahead and purchase this baby:
http://www.chinese-factory.com/mitsu...ame-p-382.html
It matches the rest of the dash board perfectly and the finish is superb. Have bought it myself from there along with the metal cage for mounting of the 2-DIN unit (Pioneer Avic F20BT) to the dash and it looks and feels OEM. Pricewise it os a joke, 50 USD and a few more for shiping with DHL to NA or to Europe.

Regards from Sweden

Dominik

Last edited by yallayalla; 03-24-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 outlander - nav installation kit - HELP