Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2011 Outlander Sport DVD In Motion

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Default 2011 Outlander Sport DVD In Motion

Just bought an SE with the backup camera mmcs and want DVD in motion. I clipped the VSS wire on the back of the mmcs and was able to move the vehicle in the driveway without the screen cutting out. Problem is it immediately tripped a "Airbag System Service Required" error in the center of the gauges. Was hoping it would clear itself but no luck, even disconnecting the battery. It took a trip to the dealer to have them clear it.

I did observe 4.7vdc on the vss line leaving the mmcs going to the cpu. I suppose there is a signal leaving the cpu going to the mmcs on the same line to represent speed. Was wondering if a simple diode on the vss line with a switch might work.

I have read elsewhere here that the GPS triggers the screen turnoff, confused as to why mine stayed on with the vss wire disconnected. I suppose I should try to just unplug the GPS antenna to see what happens.

Has anyone got a newer mmcs to do DVD in motion? Thanks for any help.