Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2012 Mitsubishi outlander ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 04:29 PM

In the US they do have auto dimming mirror. Also they're already at the dealerships- I know this bc I'm about to buy one!

Old 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Danse
I've been to a dealer who said the 2012 model will have Chromatic (Auto-dimming) Rear-view Mirror.

Any one know when the new car is expected to be delivered? Feb/March 2012?
I'm assuming this is going to be the last change the the Outlander range before the 2013 hybrids?
Usualy new outlander come in 2011 arround nov-dec

We already start to see add on tv about the outlander sawd,

Old 10-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty
In the US they do have auto dimming mirror. Also they're already at the dealerships- I know this bc I'm about to buy one!
Yeah I'm about to buy one too! The 2012's haven't arrived at my local dealer yet. Hopefully next month like armymen said.

This is the final update before the hybrids right?

Old 11-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Danse
Yeah I'm about to buy one too! The 2012's haven't arrived at my local dealer yet. Hopefully next month like armymen said.

This is the final update before the hybrids right?
Vehicles | Customize Your 2012 Outlander - Mitsubishi Canada
2012 mistubishi outlander are out in Canada, i dont see any diff outside anyway

Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 AM

I picked up my '12 GT S-AWC a couple of weeks ago and as far as I can tell, these are the only differences from the '11s:

-Auto-dimming rearview mirror (SE Premium or GT Touring PKG only)
-S-AWC is now optional on the GT
-FUSE is no longer included with the RF system but is now a paid option
-New packages: LED illumination PKG (floor and tailgate lighting, same as the Sport), Exterior PKG (large rear spoiler [I think this is new] and GT graphic)

No huge differences, par for the coarse for Mitsu.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 PM

Phatty~ So now that you've had your '12 Outlander for a few weeks...what's your overall evaluation inside & out? As you expected? Worse or better than expected?
As you might have seen from a post or two of mine on here, I'm right on the edge of "pullin' the trigger on this puppy" (please...no letters from PETA members!!!), and so feedback from someone who's just bought the same year and trim level I'm look at is a BIG help in the decision making process....

Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Default 2012 Outlander GT S-AWC vs. Nissan Murano

Rescue9,

In summary I (we) really like the Outlander! It has everything we need and we hope it will be a great vehicle (only 1,100 miles so far). Our fingers are crossed on the reliability (since Mitsu isn't a major manufacturer it's hard to find unbiased reliability data), but their warranty is outstanding. We ended up paying $700 below invoice using Consumer's Checkbook CarBargains.

In more depth, we're a couple of 30-year-olds coming from a 1st generation Nissan Murano. The Murano is in a higher class than the Outlander so it's a bit of an unfair comparison, but in many ways they are similar (size, power, features, options). Plus I think it's good to compare up in order to recognize value. Although I list several shortcomings, understand I consider them to be minor.

What I miss about my old Murano:

What I like about the V6 Outlander GT:

We haven't had any snow yet so I've yet to use the S-AWC. Having an active front differential is a big improvement over the flimsy AWD the Murano had. The only thing it did well was leak oil.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Last edited by Phatty McPatty; 11-30-2011 at 10:42 PM.
                                Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Phatty~ I couldn't have asked for a more outstanding summary and Pros & Cons of the Outlander! FANTASTIC!
                                It sounds like you'd make this decision again, despite some of those things that you're not totally keen on.
                                You've given me a LOT to think about as I try to make my decision as to which new wheels to buy.
                                THANKS!

Old 12-09-2011, 03:35 PM

Holding on to my 2007 until the plugin version comes out. Anything else is kind of blah...

Old 12-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by klas
                                Holding on to my 2007 until the plugin version comes out. Anything else is kind of blah...
                                Has anyone heard a ballpark figure as to how much the Plug-In version is going to cost?

Quick Reply: 2012 Mitsubishi outlander ?