Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2013 Outlander - full pics Finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Default 2013 Outlander - full pics Finally

Hi guys,

Just sharing these with you, here is the link for the detailed pics of the 2013 Outie. Looks great. Seems Mitsubishi is listening - interior materials now look high quality. 3rd row looks more proper seats. Enjoy!!!

http://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubishi/2013-outlander/

Sketch though look more aggressive than actual model which I prefer better.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Bland looks and rear is just ugly, but I would still probably buy one depending on the specs for their plugin version. Please keep it below $40k!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 PM

I agree with the bland looks comment. Looks just like any other run of the mill crossover. The only thing I like about this look is the rearmost glass window - I dislike the 7 - shaped windows, this one looks a bit better. But the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thumbnails is "honda".

Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Default Bland

Bland is not the word. seems like they went back to the 07-09 styling up front just made it blander if thats a word. the rear looks conservative but nice but just like akmost every other SUV out there. but i do like the higher fit and finsh in the interior, thats a big plus. I will be keeping my 07 slightly longer than i thought, or if there is a refresh on the Outy Sport with a bigger peppier motor that may be in the works. im not to crazy about the new outlander. then again i need to see one in person.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 PM

As an artist and designer (I create and design jewelry and I teach design/art courses at the local college) - I have to say that this is a complete "let-down." My 2008 Outlander is a VERY well designed car - all the character lines flow into the lights, etc. This new car is horrible. I don't know what they were thinking, but this is not the car that Mitsubishi needed to release at this point in time. I'm starting to think we may be saying farewell to the entire Mitsu line pretty soon.... I'm wondering how much the hyundai/kia dealer will give me for my Outie....

Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 PM

while i agree with everybody's comments, this design is fresh from Mitsubishi. These reactions are not new. The same comments have been made when the 2nd Gen came out. You can see how "bland" that was, coming from the more aggressive styling of the 1st Gen. If there is a car to be traded in, it would be my 2nd Outlander.... for a 3rd Gen PHEV Outlander. Here are the reasons why: PAXTech.blogspot.com: 3rd Gen Mitsubishi Outlander and Mitsubishi PHEV Tech [Video]

Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM

yes, the design is "fresh", but somehow and they made it unattractive in every angle. I don't remember seeing the same comments for 2nd gen Outlander, but I liked it from the first site and I bought it. 5 years later I still love the looks of my current Outlander. This one on the other hand looks like Highlander which is just bland and they thought bland looks was not enough, so they had to ruin the aggressive look of the rear in previous gens by adding the stupid "light bar" and making the tail lights look dopey. Mitsubishi probably smoked something when they designed this... The entire design is now dopey looking and my Leaf looks a lot nicer then this...

Last edited by klas; 03-07-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:55 PM

Fugly..but like the 3rd row seat design

Old 03-09-2012, 02:35 PM

It looks like a Subaru, and not in a good way.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:45 AM

It doesn't look too bad to me, though better in white than that other color. Is Mitsubishi getting rid of the CVT? The description mentioned 4-cylinder engines and a 6-speed (or is that 6-speed manual?) Will the one sold in the U.S. have a 2.0 L gasser or a bigger displacement engine?

I would really like it if the diesel were sold in the U.S. What kind of fuel economy does that get?

Quick Reply: 2013 Outlander - full pics Finally