Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2015 outlander ac not working; light blinks

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 08:54 AM
Default 2015 outlander ac not working; light blinks

My AC is working intermittently. Blows warm air and the snowflake icon blinks. Had the system charged last summer when it started but didn't help. The clutch would engage & cycle, but the air wouldn't cool. That was last summer. Now, the clutch isn't engaging - yet last week it did.
Any ideas out there if I'm dealing with a dead compressor or pressure switches?

Old 05-19-2021, 10:13 AM

Update; once the ambient temp warmed up, the clutch is engaging and the cooling fans come on, but the temp is luke warm with 18deg C selected (the lowest it goes).
I'm wondering now if it might be the temp sensor for the dual climate control - ie it's sensing a cooler temp than actual so not asking the AC for any cooler. Any thoughts out there on this? Anyone know where these sensors are located?
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-06-2021, 11:30 AM

I have a similar issue with flashing Snowflake on 2014 outlander. Also very interested in fix. Was ice cold a week ago no flashing light but now snow flake flashes. My compressor works, clutch engages, fan cycles. I just replaced the filthy/partially clogged cabin air filter and it worked better for a little while now. It works from time to time but when that snowflake flashes it just stops blowing cold air. Push the button again and flashing stops and I get cold air for a bit than goes back to warm air. This is while driving and idling.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by mjcass311
I have a similar issue with flashing Snowflake on 2014 outlander. Also very interested in fix. Was ice cold a week ago no flashing light but now snow flake flashes. My compressor works, clutch engages, fan cycles. I just replaced the filthy/partially clogged cabin air filter and it worked better for a little while now. It works from time to time but when that snowflake flashes it just stops blowing cold air. Push the button again and flashing stops and I get cold air for a bit than goes back to warm air. This is while driving and idling.
It's a bit of a mystery still. I have picked up some gauges to test my compressor output and will update when I have those results. For me, the system either isn't able to cool properly or the sensors think it's cool enough. I'm hoping it's not the compressor....