Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

AC only working intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Default AC only working intermittently

Hey all

have a 2009 outlander with 206,000KM on it.

Recently the AC is only working part of the time. Works fine and then after a while just hot air blowing out of the vents. Usually the next morning it works again.

On a side note, it has been hot and humid as hell here lately and hitting temps that Nova Scotia doesn't usually see (39-41 degrees celcius with the humidex)

We took it into get an AC diagnostic check this morning, however it was working when it was dropped off. They said they couldn't see anything wrong with it as it was working properly. However he said if he had to guess, he thinks it is the pressure sensor? But he said that's only a guess and would hate to see me spend the cash and it not fix the issue.

He also suggested brining it right to the shop when the AC stops working again.

Anyone here have enough experience to tell me if that seems like what might be the issue? Could there be ice buildup? And then it takes some time for it to melt for the AC to start working again?

Thanks
dave

Old 08-09-2018, 07:59 PM

I had a similar issue. See thread below. With AC it can be many things.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ttent-c-52274/

Old 08-13-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo351
I had a similar issue. See thread below. With AC it can be many things.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...ttent-c-52274/
Thanks for the links

I'm wondering if its not a gap issue in the clutch. All the lights stay on in the AC *****, it just starts blowing hot air. yesterday it was working fine after about a 40 minute drive. I turned the car off to go get a coffee. Got back in, turned it on, an then the AC was blowing hot air. Didn't work on the drive home. Left it for an hour, started the truck back up. Works.

Soooo annoying.

Old 12-24-2021, 09:50 AM

Had a problem with my air con too. But I guess it was harder to repair, or I'm just not as smart as you're. So, as you might guess, my attempt to repair it myself had failed. Need to say that I don't understand much in mechanics. I like to drive, but not to fix. So I just sought help from ac repair st pete, and it was done. I wonder how you can literally make or repair something with your own hands. It's just beyond my understanding. Probably I should learn more about car repairing. Luckily, I've never faced with any troubles on the road, but I should be prepared.

Last edited by linavasilevalina; 12-28-2021 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-25-2021, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by linavasilevalina
Had a problem with my air con too. But I guess it was harder to repair, or I'm just not as smart as you're.
If your problem is the same as described at the beginning of this thread then you likely need to refill gas in AC system. It shouldn't cost too much.