Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2015 Outlander Sport Error Codes and how to resolve

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Default 2015 Outlander Sport Error Codes and how to resolve

Hello,

New member to the forum, but I'll get straight to the point and hopefully someone is able to help me. I purchased a 2015 Outlander Sport in July of 2015 right before getting station in Germany. In May or June of this year we had the Airbag sensor notification pop up on the dash "Airbag System Service Required". I took it to a Mitsubishi Dealer here in Germany and they scanned the vehicle and reset the airbag sensor, this lasted for about five days. Now I had to take in the vehicle for inspection and the Airbag Sensor is the only thing from allowing me to pass.

I took it today to an authorized mitsubishi dealer and they scanned it, received error code, B1556 and B1558, they tried to reset it and to no avail. I then took it on post to see if they could possible do it again no such luck as the first time around. The service centers here in Germany told me that they US and European models are different and that they are not sure how to fix or resolve the issue. I have 30 days to get it fixed and am taking it tuesday to back to the dealership / service center that was able reset it hopefully they can do something if not I have to register the vehicle non op and cannot drive it.

I checked under the seat and did not see any wires ripped, or caught in the railing.

Has anyone had this issue before, what is the cause and how were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Cbass59

Old 12-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by cbass59
Hello,

New member to the forum, but I'll get straight to the point and hopefully someone is able to help me. I purchased a 2015 Outlander Sport in July of 2015 right before getting station in Germany. In May or June of this year we had the Airbag sensor notification pop up on the dash "Airbag System Service Required". I took it to a Mitsubishi Dealer here in Germany and they scanned the vehicle and reset the airbag sensor, this lasted for about five days. Now I had to take in the vehicle for inspection and the Airbag Sensor is the only thing from allowing me to pass.

I took it today to an authorized mitsubishi dealer and they scanned it, received error code, B1556 and B1558, they tried to reset it and to no avail. I then took it on post to see if they could possible do it again no such luck as the first time around. The service centers here in Germany told me that they US and European models are different and that they are not sure how to fix or resolve the issue. I have 30 days to get it fixed and am taking it tuesday to back to the dealership / service center that was able reset it hopefully they can do something if not I have to register the vehicle non op and cannot drive it.

I checked under the seat and did not see any wires ripped, or caught in the railing.

Has anyone had this issue before, what is the cause and how were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Cbass59
Attached, please find the troubleshooting pages from the service manual for B1556 and B1558. In the worst case scenario your SRS-ECU might have to be replaced. The question is how the US/Canadian warranty is carried/observed if you are in Germany. Good luck!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
B1556_B1558 codes.pdf (62.6 KB, 334 views)
Old 12-04-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
Attached, please find the troubleshooting pages from the service manual for B1556 and B1558. In the worst case scenario your SRS-ECU might have to be replaced. The question is how the US/Canadian warranty is carried/observed if you are in Germany. Good luck!
Unfortunately the warranty does me no good here in Germany. I contacted a Mitsubishi Service Center in the states, he told me that most likely the seat got wet and he has had the same issues with two other vehicles causing the error code. He gave me a parts number (6911b826xa) which is $1133. Plus shipping, installation and labor potentially looking at around $2000. I have yet to find aftermarket or new parts for or around $500 (I did find one for $700ish but shipping was about $250 on top of it).

Cbass59