Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:18 AM

I have also emailed Mitsubishi USA (through the US website) and asked them about daytime running lights for 2016 and here is there response, basically it says there is NO DRL for US outlanders:
"Unfortunately the LED lights cannot be changed to daytime running lights. We have reviewed the manual page 5-177 that gives information on how to operate the switch on vehicles equipped with daytime running lights and those that are not equipped with daytime running lights. The 2016 Outlander is not equipped with daytime running lights for the US market, and the feature is not offered as an option."

Also I did look at the canadian mitsubishi website and they DO say that the 2016 outlander has daytime running lamps. So my hope now is that maybe the same connections and software is used for canadian and US outlanders and thus maybe there is just an easy software switch that we in the US can enable to make the LED positioning lights become daytime running lights.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:13 AM

Thats too bad. Its strange to me that Mitsubishi would make the extra effort to make them work in some markets and not others when there are many US models with LED DRLs. I'm anxious to see if someone comes up with a workaround to make them work on the US models.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:33 AM

Yeah, I would think you could contact a dealer in Canada and see what's evolved in making a U.S. Model have those DRL im sure it's a switch of some sort. I heard it's a law up there they have to have the DRL,s . So I hope you can get that done.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:52 PM

Look at the ETACS Customization thread. Probably you can enable DRL.

My Canadian 2015 GT have DRL in the fog lights. (I really liked that) and I just saw in ETACS decoder past weekend the other options.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Smile

Hi, do you have some pictures of your Outlander? I'm glad there's more outlander owners of this Forum ! I got my 2015 SE last month. I really love it

Old 09-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Default False advertising deseptive at best

Just got my 2016 outlander GT today. One of the things I was looking forward to was the really cool DRLs that you see in almost every commercial and print ad. Apparently this just isn't an option for the U.S.. If that's the case Mitsubishi needs to never show these lights on without the headlights being on. Love my new outlander but this was a disappointment..

Old 09-20-2015, 12:55 AM

I just got a 16 ES (today) Saturday and I am disappointed there is no DRL, especially since it is an added safety feature. Mine is one of the first 3200 according to the VIN number, so maybe the newer ones will be lucky to get DRL.

My window sticker says nothing about DRL or the front positioning lights

Old 09-20-2015, 07:46 AM
Smile

Congrats!!!!!! That's Great you got the 016 . ! Sorry to hear about the DRL! I haven't seen the commercial. Do you have any pictures? Of your ES?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by playback
Just got my 2016 outlander GT today. One of the things I was looking forward to was the really cool DRLs that you see in almost every commercial and print ad. Apparently this just isn't an option for the U.S.. If that's the case Mitsubishi needs to never show these lights on without the headlights being on. Love my new outlander but this was a disappointment..
Sorry to hear that about the DRL . Congrats on the New 016 GT. do you have any pictures? Did you ck out the SEL model? The impression I got when they showed me that Outlander is that it had the DRL. But I'm not Positive.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Default My GT 2016

Originally Posted by Copper penny
Congrats!!!!!! That's Great you got the 016 . ! Sorry to hear about the DRL! I haven't seen the commercial. Do you have any pictures? Of your ES?
So far I'm very impressed with the new outlander..

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: 2016 Outlander SEL DRLs not coming on