Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2nd Gen Outlander Accessories((group buy))

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Default RE: 2nd Gen Outlander Accessories((group buy))

I think the main problem here is mitsu is still trying to decide whether or not to continue US operations. It didnt want to sink boatloads of extra cash into a vehicle they werent sure was going to sell well, or into a market they werent sure they were going to stay in. I doubt if they have made up their mind still, but one thing is for sure, the outlander is selling really, really well for them, and if it keeps up, they will eventually give us the parts, and options we so desperatly want.
guess thats just the way it goes.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

I think the main problem here is mitsu is still trying to decide whether or not to continue US operations. It didnt want to sink boatloads of extra cash into a vehicle they werent sure was going to sell well, or into a market they werent sure they were going to stay in. I doubt if they have made up their mind still, but one thing is for sure, the outlander is selling really, really well for them, and if it keeps up, they will eventually give us the parts, and options we so desperatly want.
guess thats just the way it goes.
Oh Mitsu plans to stay in the US for as long as they can. How can you leave a market where almost every family has a car. Even a fraction of the American market is reason enough for Mitsu to stay. And rumors of Mitsu closing up is almost an issue of the past. They had steady profit for 7 mos straight now. The issue with the American market is that there is too much 3rd party available, not too many now but soon enough there will be, and I doubt it would be profitable for Mitsu to sell OEM accessories. How many LS and ES owners bought foglight kits, BT kits, Navi, RSE? If Mitsu brings those OEM racks and all the cosmetics facelift kits, how many Outlander owners will buy these items at a premium price? You know they won't be cheap, especially that they're imported items.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:15 PM

well... I dont know, but every single person on this forum has one, or more things they want from MITSU.
things that they sell in other locations, and EVERY single person would pay a reasonable price for them.
That may not be for each and every person that has bought an outlander, but it does echo a serious message. WE WANT. GIVE US.
One thing is for sure. If mitsu doesnt come to the table with the things we want, someone will, and when they do, we will buy them.
i dont know about everyone else, but I google search 07 outlander stuff almost everyday, just to see if there is anything, ANYTHING out there.
Mitsu came halfway with the outlander, They gave us a great, powerfull, capable vehicle priced right, with good options. On our end, WE bought it. They need to come the rest of the way, and give us the chance to buy the extra stuff they have.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:26 PM

And I do too, frequent visits to eBay to see if some Japanese accessories are for sale. I think what we (those willing to pay a resonable price) want is the availability, even on an order basis, and even with a 2 week wait time for the items to arrive. Personally, I'd rather buy Mitsu OEM parts than 3rd party.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Amen to that,
I couldnt possibly agree more.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 PM

Im the biggest ebay *****. I check for stuff everyday.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 AM

Just debadged my outlander ill take some picks, and post them on here. Any one know if 20inch alooys will fit on?

Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Yes, they will, head over to tirerack.com and they will list everithing that fits.