Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Acceleration problems 2014 Outlander Sport SE

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Default Acceleration problems 2014 Outlander Sport SE

I just bought a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE. Two questions. There's no eco mode button like I'e seen in other vehicles that I have noticed. So does the vehicle just automatically go into eco mode while driving, or is there a way I can turn and keep eco mode off? Also, i was attempting to accelerate and the car did not want to accelerate. It made a loud revving noise instead. I pulled over and part the car I'm park for a minute, and then drove again. It did not make the noise again, but I noticed the acceleration seemed very weak. Is this typical or do I have a huge problem? Should I still drive it the next couple days? I already notified the dealership that I was bringing it in the day after Christmas to get checked out, so they know about the issue. But is this normal? Or should I not even drive it the next couple days and get it towed to the dealership on Tuesday morning after the holiday? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:37 AM

I have a 2014 v6 se and when I put it in ECO mode there is always a slight delay in acceleration, not a big problem but noticeable, I haven't noticed any difference in fuel economy either so what it does only Mitsubishi knows, is there a blank plug on the dash where the ECO mode should be??

Old 12-24-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Amimarie
I just bought a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE. Two questions. There's no eco mode button like I'e seen in other vehicles that I have noticed. So does the vehicle just automatically go into eco mode while driving, or is there a way I can turn and keep eco mode off? Also, i was attempting to accelerate and the car did not want to accelerate. It made a loud revving noise instead. I pulled over and part the car I'm park for a minute, and then drove again. It did not make the noise again, but I noticed the acceleration seemed very weak. Is this typical or do I have a huge problem? Should I still drive it the next couple days? I already notified the dealership that I was bringing it in the day after Christmas to get checked out, so they know about the issue. But is this normal? Or should I not even drive it the next couple days and get it towed to the dealership on Tuesday morning after the holiday? Thanks in advance.

there' no plug or button. Just shows up on the display when it's activated and goes away when the conditions for eco mode are not apparently met.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:25 PM

Hello, i'm having the same issue with my RVR. Did you ever find out what the issue was.