Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Activate RES in to MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Default Activate RES in to MMCS

Hello.

I want to hook up backseat dvd players to MMCS and emulate RES (get the RES button in MMCS to work, not aux-in. Using AUX to other stuff), from what i have read this can be done.

Anyone knows were to put which wire??

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Patrik

Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 PM

Thanks, i have read that one but the thing that puzzles me is to what i have to do to trick the mmcs into thinking that my backseat (non oem) dvd is a RES. Which pin to ground....

Thanks

Patrik

Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 AM

I also wanted to do the same thing. If you read the thread proposed by jsrd you will find my questions in the last pages:
It seems that there is a cable that interconnects MMMCS and RES (just check the first pages...) but it not sure that grounding it makes MMCS think that RES is connected...!!!
As mitsubishipartsman posted the connections for Video inout Audioinout MIGHT BE FOUND NOT IN THE BACK OF MMCS BUT UNDERNEATH THE DRIVERS SEAT.... I checked mine and I saw nothing as most probably if they exist they should by under the floor carpet......
HOW AND WHERE DO YOU PLAN TO MAKE THE CONNECTIONS?
HAVE YOU FOUND THIS CONNECTOR?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Hi.

The connector IS under the drivers seat, it is hard to reach but it is there.

I am going to connect up front with MMCS directly, it is easier to reach. I still dont know how to activate the RES button in MMCS, i was hoping that someone knew.....

//Patrik

Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM

PATRIK is it underneath the floor carpet? Can you be more specific???

Old 03-16-2009, 11:23 AM

The RS button is activated in MMSC ONLY IF RES IS SENSED TO EXIST BY THE mmcs THROUGH Terminal 6 on C-10 on the back of the MMCS Headunit to Terminal 14 on D-6 on the Rear Entertainment System

QUOTE FROM THE THREAD POSTED ABOVE...
'Step 1: Determine if the MMCS Head Unit can communicate with the Rear Entertainment System

You need to connect awire between Terminal 6 on C-10 on the back of the MMCS Headunit to Terminal 14 on D-6 on the Rear Entertainment System. D-6 is located on the opposite side of where your Auxiliary inputs are in your picture above. In other words, on the right ride of the unit.

D-6 has 22 pins/terminals. Terminals 1 to 11 are on top from left to right. Terminal 12 to 22 are on the bottom from left to right. So you want terminal 14 which is the third pin in on the bottom row.

Now locate C-10 on the rear of the MMCS head unit. It is the big connector below C-9 in the picture below.

C-10 has 17 pins/terminals. Terminals 1-9 are on top from left to right and terminals 10 to 17 are on the bottom from left to right. In the North American models, terminal 6 has a green/blue wire in the harness. I am guessing that your wire harness is empty at position 6.

Okay, once you have completed the connection between these two terminals, it is time to test the communciation.'

Old 03-16-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by doctorC
PATRIK is it underneath the floor carpet? Can you be more specific???
doctorC, search here

Attached Thumbnails Activate RES in to MMCS-d123_vtr.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Has anyone figured out what kind of signal the RES sends to the MMCS thru Terminal 6 on C-10? Does it just give it ground, a certain resistance, or what to signal that the RES is connected?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM

Hi guys i've the same your interested to connect the MMCs with additionals monitors. The question is, if i use not the original RES but two monitors of BAtton is possible to active the out signals from the MMCS ?

Quick Reply: Activate RES in to MMCS