Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS

Old 06-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Default Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS

Hi, I'm italian user.
I have the rear-seat DVD system, installed aftermarket by Mitsubishi, as I can open it for install tuner a TV but I do not succeed to take apart.
Can you help me?

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Open rear-seat DVD system

My wife is Italian - describe your issue in Italian and I'll have her translate and reply in Italian.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:23 PM

Grazie rdenis.
Nella versione italiana del DVD posteriore l'ingresso video aux si trova sul lato dello stesso lettore DVD e quando collego i cavi di un HD con uscita video questi sono molto evidenti e penzolanti.

Ho pensato quindi di aprirlo per potermi collegare direttamente al suo interno e poi passare i cavi nella carrozzeria.

Ma esteriormente al lettore DVD vi sono solo due tappi di plastica, tolti i quali non si vedono viti o ganci ma qualcosa che sembra una molla con la quale non riesco ad interragire.

Inoltre in Italia il "Nav Head Unit" ed il "rear seat DVD" non sono comunicanti e malgrado sia menzionato nel manuale non si riesce a inviare il video di uno nell'altro.

La Mitsubishi Italia dice che non esistono cavi che li collegano.

Potete aiutarmi?

PS. Rdenis ho montato la "rear camera" seguendo le tue istruzioni funziona benissimo GRAZIE!!! Ma non mi funzionano invece gli ingressi aux del nav come mai?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:39 PM

Okay I think I understand your issue. Let me summarize:

You have bought the aftermarket rear entertainment DVD player but you cannot control it from the front head unit and alsoit will not play on both the rear display and the front head unit display because there is no cable connecting them (according to Mitsubishi Italy)?

Do you know if the rear display you have is the same as the factory installed system? Do you have a Mitsubishi part number?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:34 AM

Yes rdenis the summarize it's ok.

My rear display it's same as the factory installed, mitsubishi Italy don't have car with rear dvd pre-installed.

For the part number I have this MZ313872 get in the accessory catalogue at page 11 http://www.mitsubishi-auto.it/pdf/ac..._outlander.pdf

[Italian language]
rdenise il tuo resoconto è corretto.

Il display posteriore è simile a quello preinstallato dalla Mitsubishi tranne che per l'ingresso audio/video che si trova nello stesso lettore (come da foto). In Italia non è possibile comprare l'auto con il DVD poteriore preinstallato (almeno così mi ha detto il venditore).

Mi basterebbe riuscire ad smontare il dvd posteriore ed accedere ai cavi per risolvere da me il problema (sempre che riesca a capire perchè poi non funzioni l'ingresso aux nel NAV nel connettore C-8 o C-7).

Grazie per la cortesia a te ed a tua moglie.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:18 PM

I have a solution for you but I can't post it until later tonight.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:29 PM

Good news! No problem I will waited

Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM

Alright, I couldn't trustthat my wife's translation would actually make sense (she's from Cosenza) so I am going to post this in English. Here is the first step in the solution. This is critical - if this doesn't work then I'm afraid I won't be of much use to you. But here goes:

Step 1: Determine if the MMCS Head Unit can communicate with the Rear Entertainment System

You need to connect awire between Terminal 6 on C-10 on the back of the MMCS Headunit to Terminal 14 on D-6 on the Rear Entertainment System. D-6 is located on the opposite side of where your Auxiliary inputs are in your picture above. In other words, on the right ride of the unit.

D-6 has 22 pins/terminals. Terminals 1 to 11 are on top from left to right. Terminal 12 to 22 are on the bottom from left to right. So you want terminal 14 which is the third pin in on the bottom row.

Now locate C-10 on the rear of the MMCS head unit. It is the big connector below C-9 in the picture below.

Name:  P1010029-1.jpg
Views: 16116
Size:  63.6 KB

C-10 has 17 pins/terminals. Terminals 1-9 are on top from left to right and terminals 10 to 17 are on the bottom from left to right. In the North American models, terminal 6 has a green/blue wire in the harness. I am guessing that your wire harness is empty at position 6.

Okay, once you have completed the connection between these two terminals, it is time to test the communciation.

Step 2: Test the Communication Network Line

Alright, you need to go into the hidden service menu on the MMCS head unit. Hold down the 'Navi' button and 'Set' button simultaneously for three seconds or longer. You will now get the Service menu.

Select the option that says "Network/Line Check"

You will now see a list of connected equipment and their status will either be "N/A" or "OK". Look for 'Rear Display' and verify it says "OK".

If this is successful, the rest will bea piece of cake- let us know how you make out.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

Youra ****ing genius dude lol

Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 AM

Thanks rdenis: your explanation it's ok. I will try andpost result here.

Only one question first. How open the rear seat DVD system for wire C10? I tried to open it whitout success. There's nothing under the two plastic covers visible in the rear seat. Did you tried to open it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS