Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Add OEM Sirius to Base radio? 2011 GT, no upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Thing next to mirror is rain/light sensor.
Sirius antenna is in same place as radio antenna.
GPS is in the dash above the MMCS.

If you don't have Sirius there will be unoccupied connector above right kick panel, behind lower glovebox. It is partially visible over here:

So, if I am reading correctly there should be "plug-n-play" harness fittings for the module. And the antenna?

Do I need to replace the non-Sirius antenna? Will the existing cable serve or does that need to be replaced as well?

Assuming I for some reason decide install the video/GPS head as well as the Sirius module, same questions about harness, antennas, etc.

PS: Is there an American or North American Air Flow module available? I hear that the air in China is dangerously smoggy

Last edited by Andylit; 02-09-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:53 PM

Radio antenna

If you have a short rubber antenna then it is satelite ready.
If you have a long, painted metal, with a wire wraped along the length of it, then it's only AM / FM

Old 02-09-2014, 06:48 PM

There is a way to access the serial no of the sirius radio, but it escapes me now.

The GT model should have some bells and whistles, if you have the auto wipers. check the light signal ight stalk to see if there is and "auto" setting.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by milliesdad
There is a way to access the serial no of the sirius radio, but it escapes me now.
Channel 0 for 6CD radio, special menu item for MMCS.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Radio antenna

If you have a short rubber antenna then it is satelite ready.
If you have a long, painted metal, with a wire wraped along the length of it, then it's only AM / FM
Yayyyyy! Stubby rubber mast on the back of the roof

Old 02-09-2014, 07:43 PM

So, if there is a module in place, I can likely get Sirius to activate it by subscribing?

I actually have no idea if the radio is a 6 or single. I never bother with discs or tapes. I am waiting for the owners manual. The owner web site for Mitsu doesn't appear to have a "window sticker" for the car despite my supplying the VIN.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Andylit
So, if there is a module in place, I can likely get Sirius to activate it by subscribing?

I actually have no idea if the radio is a 6 or single. I never bother with discs or tapes. I am waiting for the owners manual. The owner web site for Mitsu doesn't appear to have a "window sticker" for the car despite my supplying the VIN.
It is either 6CD or touchscreen navi called MMCS.
You can PM me your VIN I can check if Sirius receiver was a factory option.
BTW part# for it is 8701A220

Old 02-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Default Does this make sense, or would they have installed the module anyway?

Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Motors North America. Based off of the vehicle identification number that you provided your vehicle is not equipped with SIRIUS Satellite Radio. The vehicel would have needed the TOURING PACKAGE, which includes the SIRIUS Satellite Radio. The TOURING PACKAGE can not be added as its a factory package.
Thank you, again for contacting Mitsubishi Motors.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:22 PM

Yeah, looks like that.

The Touring Package ($2,700) includes leather seating surfaces, panoramic roof with LED illumination, 710-watt Fockford Fosgate premium audio with 9 speakers, 10-inch subwoofer, Sirius Satellite Radio with 3 months, power glass sunroof, premium alarm, heated front seats, power driver seat.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 PM

So the question remains, does the antenna and antenna cable support Sirius. If yes, it appears that I must buy not only the module but the Fosgate radio head as well.

Quick Reply: Add OEM Sirius to Base radio? 2011 GT, no upgrades