Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aftermarket Sat Nav and Rear roof DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Default Aftermarket Sat Nav and Rear roof DVD player

Hi All

Im the proud owner of a 2007 MY08 Outlander and love it. I do not however love the fact that it doesnt have the Sat nav and reversing camera even though its the luxury model sigh.....

Im looking to get an aftermarket model like this http://www.fedom.com.hk/products_data.asp?id=174

I have found out through this forum that the bluetooth steering wheel controls wont work though i dont understand why. if someone could explain that would be great.

My main concern is how the roof mounted dvd player will be able to play sound through the car speakers. Currently i can do this on my OEM 6 cd changer unit but im unsure how this would work on an after market one.

can anyone help?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Hey, I think you have asked similar question several times, but I don't mind share my finding one more time.

One thing you might want to confirm is weather you have the rockford system or not. I guess an easier way is to see if you have the sub woofer in your trunk. If so, you do.

The stock bluetooth is working with the sound system as well, again, if you have the RF, the bluetooth won't work because the amplifier will not be activated by the system in your link. The Mito-2 interface will do this for you, however, you will loose the buttons to control your music (e.g. choosing tracks, adj volume). The buttons will ONLY work when you using your stock bluetooth.

The ROOF DVD is now connected with your 6 CD to play music through it. When you put in an aftermarket HU, as long as you wire it right, it should still do the same. (given that you have no RF system or solved it).

I have recently done the RCA input re-wire to my Caska unit. It was not really fun. But once you figured out which wires are they, it will become streight forward.

My advise is, if you want to retain that many stock functions, go get a stock Navi unit. It will save you a lot of mind. If you still want to go aftermarket, get a quality one that will loose the least stock functions.

Originally Posted by ajoesmith
Hi All

Im the proud owner of a 2007 MY08 Outlander and love it. I do not however love the fact that it doesnt have the Sat nav and reversing camera even though its the luxury model sigh.....

Im looking to get an aftermarket model like this http://www.fedom.com.hk/products_data.asp?id=174

I have found out through this forum that the bluetooth steering wheel controls wont work though i dont understand why. if someone could explain that would be great.

My main concern is how the roof mounted dvd player will be able to play sound through the car speakers. Currently i can do this on my OEM 6 cd changer unit but im unsure how this would work on an after market one.

can anyone help?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:09 PM

thanks for the reply greatcat

Im not that bothered ab out the bluetooth steering wheel controls as the new unit will have bluwtooth built in but the rear dvd player sound bothers me, i really need it through the car speakers.

I have the RF sound system with sub in the back.

All i want is the dvd sound to play through the speakers, is this possible? if so how? I dont want to waste $500 to find out its not possible

cheers

Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM

It is absolutely possible and doable.

All you need to do is figure out which wire is for the rear DVD and connect them to the RCA input of the HU you are buying.

check outthis thread , it would be very helpful:

Again, make sure you get your mito-2 interface with the machine and be prepared to loose all the steer wheel control buttons.

keep us updated.

thanks for the reply greatcat

Im not that bothered ab out the bluetooth steering wheel controls as the new unit will have bluwtooth built in but the rear dvd player sound bothers me, i really need it through the car speakers.

I have the RF sound system with sub in the back.

All i want is the dvd sound to play through the speakers, is this possible? if so how? I dont want to waste $500 to find out its not possible

cheers

Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 AM

why do i need the mito 2 interface?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM

To power up your amplifier.

Do double check with your provider about that, since most of the machines out there do NOT support RF amplifier.

why do i need the mito 2 interface?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Do you know which wire is for the factory rear camera off any of the 3 factory harnessess?

I'm installing a rear-view camera for my 2011 Outlander XLS V6 and I do not want to have to run a wire if there is already one in the factory harnessess.

Thank you.