Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

airbag B1B06 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Default airbag B1B06 HELP

code reads B1B06 - It is intermittent like maybe a loose connection? im guessing my steering wheel airbag is going bad? any thoughts?
2008 xls. 330k miles.
CODE NO. B1B06 Driver’s air bag module (2nd squib) system (open circuit of squib circuit)

Old 10-29-2015, 08:50 PM

Do you have any steering wheel controls? Audio or cruise that move when you turn the wheel?

Are they intermittent? You could have a clockspring going bad.

I don't think those airbag modules go bad that often but it's possible...

The connectors should be locked in pretty well but it's possible something is loose in there.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:30 AM

Yea, i'm banking on a wire harness being rubbed through, probably in the steering column area. Or as said, the clockspring which maintains electrical contact to the airbag but allows your steering wheel to turn.

330k miles, holy crap!!! How well does your V6 run right now?

Last edited by gggplaya; 10-30-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:01 PM

yes i hsve radio, hands free and cruise control all on steering wheel and they all work fine, ive even tried them all during the times the airbag light is on nd there is nothin wrong.

it runs great, I use (Restore) after every synthetic oil change since about 150k idk how much of a difference there is but ive heard nothing but great things about it.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:09 PM

how does the airbag come off?

Old 10-30-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Here2Learn
how does the airbag come off?
PM me if you want the service manual...

Old 10-30-2015, 08:56 PM

There's a bunch of individual wires for each control within the clockspring so it could be only 1 wire failed so don't rule that out just yet as well it could be a bad or loose connector.

Generally there are some screws behind the wheel that hold it on, get that service manual.

Make sure you disconnect the battery and wait at least 20 minutes before working on the airbag.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:21 PM

new update, leads me to believe the srs-ecu is bad, ive noticed lately my passenger airbag light stays on, used to go off shortly after starting the car now it stays on unless i have a passenger. cause of this is bad connection or faulty srs-ecu so maybe its the ecu?

Old 11-07-2015, 09:35 AM

If it goes off when you have a passenger it sounds like it's detecting weight properly...

Did you happen to leave something on your passenger seat when it's unoccupied? Anything that weights more than a few lbs up to like 58 will be detected as a baby and turn the passenger airbag off.

Replacing the SRS ECU will be a very expensive guess... You may want to check all your SRS connections and then remove the harness from the ECU and make sure it's not corroded, clean it with electrical contact cleaner and then re-seat them all.

Obviously make sure to do this with the car's battery disconnected and waiting at least 10 minutes.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:00 PM

took off clock spring and checked resistance between all of the connections from the clock spring back to the srs ecu and all were reading fine. that only leaves 2 things left and that would be a bad srs ecu or bad squib. i saw on ebay a company you can send your srs ecu to and they will read and re program them for $40. i wonder if thats worth a shot.

Quick Reply: airbag B1B06 HELP