Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Am I the only one with this issue??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:36 PM

i have not experienced this one yet, even when we've been having colder temps of 5C or less overnight in my area. but just to make sure, i gave my dealership a call and they confirmed that my car is included in this TSB. i guess i have to bring it in soon before it really gets below freezing.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:53 PM

okay mr funny man....finally getting below freezing and took my wife out for a thanksgiving day dinner. Until the car warmed up, when it'd go to 2nd to 1st....it'd buck just a bit. Thought I'd chide in and say mine did it.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 AM

I had the TSB applied to my vehicle a few weeks ago but southern Ontario hit some warm weather.

This morning it was -2°C and I'm glad to report no more harsh shifts!
I was even able to get into sporttronic mode and down shift into second when coming to my first stop without any problems.

Thanks for bringing this up newoutlanderfan - this is the advantage of group knowledge on the forums.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:26 AM

No problem at all....but thanks goes to Andre110. I have complained about this twice at the dealership and got no action at all until I walked in with that TSB. It really made me dislike driving the vehicle in wintertime.

I just hope for the amount of times it was doing that awful clunk that nothing was being damaged....

Cheers,
Dave

Old 11-26-2010, 09:38 AM

Driving a cold Outlander definitely is of a special kind.

While not actually annoying, there is very slow shifting - I mean staying considerably longer at 1st, 2nd, 3rd keeping RPMs up to 3000. Early engaging the rear wheel (even in Tarmac mode), and even steering power from side to side using AFD are surprising too.
One more thing - Neutral Idle Logic seems not working if engine/transmission is not warmed up enough.

Anyway most (if not all) modern cars have their special ways to save engine/auto transmission from excessive wear while cold.

Curious thing, according to Service Manual our transmission has not only radiator for cooling down, but also a heat exchanger for faster warming up!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:39 PM

No problem at all....but thanks goes to Andre110.

Last oil change in November, my wife asked the dealer about the hard shifting and was told that her vehicle was not affected. Shortly after as the temps became lower, we started noticing the hard shifts. This week I took her car for the oil change armed with Andre110's TSB number, and they recognized the number instantly. I tried the car out this morning for the first time from sitting overnight (around -10C) and felt no hard shifting whatsoever.

Many thanks again.