Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Any Aftermarket Exhaust Pipes available for the 2011?

Old 01-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Default Any Aftermarket Exhaust Pipes available for the 2011?

Hello everyone.
I snagged a 2011 Outlander 2.4L 4CYl for a nice price. 67,000 miles and in great shape.
The only thing "wrong" with the vehical is the exhaust is a rusty mess.
Looking up parts, it seems just buying the bid pipe and muffler for parts alone it's $1350... That is insane.
Are there ANY aftermarket exhausts available for even slightly less?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-16-2019, 09:29 PM

There aren't many options available yet, as there just weren't that many of these cars sold. The aftermarket parts I have seen are on Ebay. I've only seen parts, not entire systems. Start there. For the V6, I've seen everything from the manifold/converters up front all the way back to the muffler, but not the muffler itself. That thing is super pricey from the dealer.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:17 AM

That's what I'm finding. Thanks!
I wish i would have looked into this before buying... it seems like these SUV's are very under supported..
And now my mileage is dropping. I'm down to 16mpg with mixed highway and city..
Arrgh..

Old 01-17-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by SleepyC
That's what I'm finding. Thanks!
I wish i would have looked into this before buying... it seems like these SUV's are very under supported..
And now my mileage is dropping. I'm down to 16mpg with mixed highway and city..
Arrgh..
Mine has always been adversely affected by cold weather. But if it's more than that, start checking emissions parts and sensors. The PCV valve is an easy one to start with. Temperature sensors might affect mileage too. I'm just guessing, but it's a place to start.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Thank you.
Will do!
(I'm stuck with this truck for a while! So I have to make it good. And I love the interior amnd looks as well.. so stuck may be too strong a word)

Old 05-23-2019, 11:53 AM

Good thread, I will hop on as I need the Front Pipe on my 3.0 Outlander, as my flex pipe (#1 here) is totally corroded and the engine sounded like a jet (until I patched that belt like stuff around it temporarily)
OEM, this front pipe is a crazy rip off at $435... wow.

So far I found 2 places after market:
1) https://mufflerexpress.ca/products/m...pipe-2007-2011
2) https://www.ebay.ca/itm/163280218577?ul_noapp=true

1) Emailed these guys about the "warranty" and there is only a limited warranty, must not have been mounted or something, in order to return it, you incur the fees
2) I asked for more information from this seller, got nothing back - if this doesn't work I supposed ebay/paypal protection - mentions 5 yr warranty though as well as "All errors or issues with the product purchased must be reported within 72 hours of receiving it." I guess I need to be ready to see if it will fit as soon as I receive it to check the fit.

Any feedback on issues removing existing bolts, breaking them etc would be appreciated; not a lot of room under there, if I snap a bold off not sure if I could fit a grinder or sawzall to cut off the remainder.. I also noticed "springs" on some bolts; why is that needed?

Cheers!