Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Anyone with a 2011 Outlander Sport. PLZ READ.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:17 AM

I have a 2011 Sport and haven't had that issue either. A friend of mine bought the Sport at the same time I got mine and she said hers gives her a message about the steering wheel (not sure what the message is exactly) every time she turns the vehicle off but mine doesn't. She has asked the local dealer's service department about it and they said the cars are so new they don't know what the issue might be...... all that to say, maybe the computer is a bit flawed.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM

Have a 2010 XLS with 6700 km and no stall or problem with it.
I barely notice it when it goes into idle mode.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Default RE: Steering Wheel message, 2011 Sport CVT AWD

I've had my Sport about a month now and have noticed a couple of times that when shutting it down I get the message "Sterring Wheel Unlocked", which sounds like the earlier post. I usually restart and shut down the vehicle and it goes away. I've tried to replicate it to no avail, so not sure what causes it.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:40 PM

To all that has been following my post about the rmp issue on the 2011 outlander sport, I believe I figured out what is causing the rpm to rev up while waiting on a light to change. I believe its caused by the fans kicking on because when I hear the clicking sounds of the fans turning on I noticed that this cause the rmp to rev up to almost 1 than drops immediatly drops to a normal idle.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM

When the A/C compressor clutch engages the RPMs will also dip. Likewise, the ECU will also raise the idle RPM when this occurs.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 PM

I have a 2011 outlander sport as well, and it's been pretty solid so far (2+ weeks, ~600 miles). The sport does not have idle logic, so the rpms should not go up if you're not touching the accelerator.

The "steering wheel" message that people seem to be getting - I get it when I open the door before I turn the engine off. If you turn the engine off and then open the driver's door, it doesn't show up. At least that is what mine does.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:15 PM

Mine doesn't do the rev or anything, you should ask the dealer. I get the steering wheel unlocked too sometimes, it could be because you try to lock the door when it;s not in OFF mode (it's still ACC). I got some weird messages when I forgot I had the other FAST key still in the car, once I unly used 1 FAST key it was OK. about 550mi so far, 1 week and my SPORT seems OK

Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Default re: Low tire pressure indicator

my 2010 outlander ES giving this message " LOW TIRE PRESSURE!"
MY TIRE ARE ALL FINE AND SO THE NITRO on my tire.i went to dealership and they top up a littltle of nitro .the low pressure message was gone but after 6 hours it came back. any experience on this abnormalities. mabe it'sthe cold weather that affects the nitro?

any feedbacks appreciated;;

Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobkw2000
I've had my Sport about a month now and have noticed a couple of times that when shutting it down I get the message "Sterring Wheel Unlocked", which sounds like the earlier post. I usually restart and shut down the vehicle and it goes away. I've tried to replicate it to no avail, so not sure what causes it.

Try opening the drivers door after stopping the engine and getting the "Steering Wheel Unlocked" alert. I've found doing that usually locks up the steering wheel and removes the alert. I get the alert a lot too on my '11 Outlander Sport.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM

I tried out a Sport before buying the Outlander. The Sport comes with a 2.0L engine, the Outlander has a 2.4 or a 3.0 V6. And the Sport is not recommended for any towing.

I have the 2.4 with the CVT trans and have not noticed any RPM change, but have not really paid attention the the tach.

Average mileage is 22, with 1300 miles. Have changed oil at 500 mi. and gave it MObil1 0w20 as the manual recommends.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a 2011 Outlander Sport. PLZ READ.