Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH. I give up (service problems)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Default ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH. I give up (service problems)

Before I start let me preface all of this by saying that I am slowly growing to hate mitsubishi.

About three months ago, my wife and I bought an 07 outland XLS. There were a few problems with it when we bought it, and we were told that they would be fixed.
(all four tail-lights had moisture inside them, both lower rear reflectors had moisture in them, the front end clunked, and the passenger side rear bumber cover had to be replaced becuase the inner-fender liner didnt have a body retainer clip in it from the factory. The first time it got up to speed, the air pressure ripped the lower rear valence loose, and broke the clip on the bumber cover.)

I understand its the first year the car has come out, and there are bound to be problems with a brand new model vehicle. So, I was patient.
I called at least three times a week trying to get a the parts department to order the parts, and the service department make an appoinment.
Since there was a body panel that had to be replaced, and had to be painted first, I was patient.
After two months, with absolutely no help from RIVERGATE MITSUBISHI, I called Mitsubishi Motors America. Where I was told, "a case representative will call you tommorow" Two weeks later, someone called me, and appologized profusely, Well, last monday, Rivergate Nissan (mitsu's next door neighbor) called saying the body panel was painted, and that as soon as I could get Mitsu to get the car in, they would put it on.
No problem I thought, Now I'm in buisness.
Well, on Wed. Mitsu called back and told me (at 4 in the afternoon, on valentines day) that they were closing their doors, and were going out of buisness, and that I had to come get my car and be there by 6. well, this prompted yet another call to MMA. where I was told, " I'll take care of it"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
they are freakin liars
(I am leaving alot of the fine details out for the sake of space, and a poor memory, but you get the picture)
Well, in the mean-time, My wife woke up, and when I told her that not only did they want us to come get it, they werent even through. Sure they had replaced the bumper panel, and the taillights, but the clunking noise was going to have to be taken to another dealer and who knows how long.
Well, it turns out the next closest dealer is and hour and a half away.
When I told my wife all this (remember now its valentynes day) She flips, and tells me in a very loving, polite, but you arent getting any tonght voice "GO GET MY DAMN CAR, NOOOOOWWWWWW"
So we load up in the POS KIA Sedona rental van that R-gate Mitsu was nice enough to put us in, and head out.
Bout this time, I get a call from MMA, and the lady tells me, "Keep the rental tonight and your car will be fixed tommorow"
I explain to her that if momma aint happy, aint no-body happy, and proceed to the dealer.

When we get to the dealer, we wait until 730 and finally get our car
how did it come out
Well, the paint doesnt match, the tail-lights were all mis-aligned, and oh, by the way, my wife got a ticket Friday night for the tailights not working (HEY FREAKIN THANKS MITSU)

Well, several other calls have ensued, and it looks like that If you want anything done right, you just have to call your attorney

After I called mine, and They called MMA, seems like Mitsu is going to come tow my vehicle to Clarksville, bring me a rental, and tow it back when its done.

Oh, and here is something else almost funny.
Access car rental calls me thrusday morning asking for the keys to the POS KIA van. I gave the keys to R-gate Mitsu, and they misplaced them. Turns out, Access says I am responsible for them having to buy a new set of keys, and an extra day of rental cause MITSU lost the damn Keys...

I am so totally burning this damn truck to the ground.

I'VE HAD IT.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Sal
Default RE: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH. I give up (service problems)

Burning your truck or house is not giving up pal. Selling it is more like it. So, what are you going to get for it? ya know.. resale value/depreciation?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:36 PM

i feel your pain, the dealer isnt always great to deal with. luckily I have friends that rund body shops and garages.

hope you have better luck on your future vechs

Old 02-18-2007, 03:46 PM

sounds like bunk to me.
two sides to every story.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:36 PM

chill man.....

Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 AM

From what I've read, MMNA extended help to resolve your issues. Sadly, dealerships are another story. And we all know how dealerships can be when it comes to warranty claim. I wouldn't blame MMNA for the dealers inability to provide pleasant service. Although I wish they (dealerships) could have done a better job. I am an Outlander XLS owner too, never had any of your problems beside the clunk.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:51 PM
JMC

Sounds like a top notch dealer!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:05 PM

sounds like bunk... just wish you were in this situation... then I could be an *** and tell you it sounded like bunk

as for MMA, they have extended every possible resource to help with the problem.
The problem is that the dealer is closing its doors, and no longer selling or servicing mitsu products, so they just dont care.
In the end, whats MMA going to do to them, pull their dealership... fine them, what, they are closed, and nothing can be done.
I did get a call from the service manager at Clarksville Mitsu (not sure on the name)
he appologized for the problems, and assured me he would personally be looking after my car, and was assigning his best technichian to the truck when it came in

Oh, and just as an added measure
My wife goes out Friday, and gets a ticket for no tailights...
Turns out, Mitsu of Rivergate, popped the tailights in and didnt bother to connect them.
Great, thanks...

Ya know the funniest part about it..
Im not mad at MMA, and I still love my truck...

Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 AM

thats terribly unfortunate. but do keep us informed on how the other dealer will handle your car.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 PM

certainaly