Some one give me an opinion please 91 Talon TSi AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Default Some one give me an opinion please 91 Talon TSi AWD

I came across a 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 5 speed, 79K miles, dark blue with the silver/grey bottom, grey interior, Enkie 17" wheels "one of them has some rusty spots on the inside of the rim", there is a small but noticable dent on the pass side below the rear window, above the rear tire area. There is also a rub mark 2" long in the paint on the drivers side rear bumper cover corner, the black paint on the roof is not looking so great but its all there, the rest of the paint is very shinny & looks great. The car has empty guage pods on the pillar, It had nitrous "I believe" because there is a non original bolt in the area right befor the turbo " Where I believe you would inject nitrous into one of these cars".

I don't know much else because the car is at a dealership "that never deals in this old or type of car" but they have it listed only online and keep it in back, it sits back there with must go written on it. So i have only looked at it aftre hours. They are asking $2495 with a free $100 in gas. Add states "call for test drive".

Whats the experts opinions on what the car is worth and what should be a top dollar offer that is if it runs and drives fine. I was thinking more like $1500 with all the flaws and obvious signs of being a race car at one time. Any opions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 12-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Default RE: Some one give me an opinion please 91 Talon TSi AWD

first i would go to the dealer and talk to one of the guys there about what it was traded for and why it was traded. if it had nos chances r that there is somethin wrong with the engine, and dont expect the dealer to tell you this. sounds like a good deal for 1500, or, depending on the condition of the engine and tranny maybe 2 grand, but i wouldnt go any higher than that if it had nos...... as for the paint, rub marks can be buffed out and dents can be removed if you really wanna spend the money for it..... if the rims are rusting, i would check the inside of the fender wells also to make sure that they are not starting to rust out also....... if the dealer doesnt deal in these types of cars, they probly wont know much about it and i would make them get an overall inspection done, i.e. engine, tranny, body, suspension....... after all that and it comes back good, sounds like a good deal to me, but make them get an inspection done from someone you trust, not one of their mechanics.......

Old 12-08-2004, 09:08 PM

i would take it for a test drive before i even though about the price.make sure it runs good,a awd car that runs good with minor problems is worth the 2500 dollars,but yea try to get it for as cheap as you can.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:56 PM

Thanks for the quick responses....

I was thinking that the nitrous could have caused engine damage but why wouldn't they just send the car to auction? This is a new Suzuki-Isuzu dealership with of course the normal newer used trades. Do these cars bring like nothing at auctions or what? They seem not to worried about getting rid of it, even though it says "must go"? Anyway here is a picture its not to good though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2458/752122BEB2D34EC5BC62A2B9C8A40DF9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-09-2004, 01:09 AM

i really dont think the bolt that your lookin at is for nos you would not spray nos in the intake before the turbo.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:01 AM

where is the common place nitrous is injected into the system on an Eclipse or Talon? This bolt was not really on the intake, it was on the like the turbo intake. Top left side of engine compartment. This spot looks like a great spot to shoot nitrous in to me and the bolt that is there is sticking out about an inch so you can't miss it. Somthing was there I guarantee that. "might not have been nitrous" and if not then what was there?

Old 12-09-2004, 08:11 PM

turbo intake? the actual turbo or the intake manifold? and the location of nos depends on what kind of shot your running. wet shot, dry shot, or direct port.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:14 AM

All right I am an Idiot[&:]. I just went and looked at it, they don't lock it at night or anything. The bolt is in the throttle body, I just looked at it pretty quick before and the throttle body on the non turbo's "like mine" is in a different spot. Sorry for the confussion.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:22 PM

Finding a 1g awd with less than 100,000 miles on it is a good find. Take the test drive and see how it feels. I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:50 PM

I will buy it if you are going to pass. LOL

These engines can handle alot of you do it RIGHT. Take it for a drive and see what you like.