Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ASC help please on '07 Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:32 AM

Thanks for the follow-up guys:
1) al-eugen - My wife uses the socket in the center console, which is controlled by #19 and the #13 fuse controls the others, as you well know.
2) My mechanic found the original problem. The scanner showed a P0657 ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) Control Relay code. The code pointed directly to the #8 ETV fuse in the engine compartment, so a new fuse was installed and all is well. What a learning experience; next time I get a code I don't recognize on any of my cars, I'm going to pay someone to come to the house with a scanner, if I can't drive the car which was true of this incident. Otherwise, it's off to good old Auto Zone for a scan.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 AM

The fuse blew but why? Keep one in the glove compartment just in case, at least it will permit you to get home if it reoccur.

A code reader is cheap maybe even cheaper than the tow, so maybe you should invest in an electronic toy of your own

Happy for the good ending.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:45 PM

Good advice Claude_A. It's just frustrating because I pride myself on being self-reliant. I see that you're in Canada. If you ever get down to the Phoenix, Arizona area, let us know. If you're a fan of Formula 1 Grand Prix racing, the date for the Austin, Texas F1 race has been set for November 18, 2012. Can't wait!!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 PM

It happen to my 2007 Outlander too. The dealer said it a bad ABS module and change it under warranty.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Unhappy 2007 Outlander ASC service light

Can anyone offer an opinion on this? About a week ago the ASC service warning appeared on my Outlander. Naively anticipating this would be nothing serious I took it to a friendly local garage who hooked it up to a gizmo that read for faults. Two were detected, one related to the brake pedal which was cleared (nothing apparently wrong there). The second seemed to be a manufacturers code that the independent mechanic did not know. We also topped up the brake fluid which was a bit low as I had read that on a forum.

The ASC service light remained on and after phoningh Mitsubishi I was advised that it was almost certainly my ABS Module/pump which according to the person I spoke to is a common fault in the 07 car.

I have priced removal and reconditioning of my existing ABS module concluding this was the fault. At least I thought that was the case until today. About 5 minutes into a journey the ASC service light went off and stayed off. I stopped started the engine again and all remained well. This seemed to coincide with the "ICY ROAD' warning that appears at 3 degrees in temperature.

I was advisably cautiously optimistic as later in the day whilst mid journey the ASC warning light came on and has again stayed on. I waited until it got cold again and the Icy Road warning came on hoping this may somehow reset things but it did not.

Does anyone have any ideas? If my ABS Module/pump is at fault could it be kicking in intermittently or do I have another hopefully less expensive problem?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Until your ABS error is read no one can help you. Maybe that's ABS unit, maybe that's it's ECU, maybe it's harness, maybe it's wheel speed sensor. No crystall ball diagnostitians here.

Besides, location field in forum profile was made for reason.

If you're in Greater Toronto Area, I can help.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 AM

the 12v socket in the center console

Old 11-20-2011, 05:20 AM

Got the same prob went to Mitsubishi in Inverness got told abs unit U. S . To put a new one in would cost £1229.00plus labour 3hrs plus vat nearly £1800.00
But quizzed them further they say it's the hydraulic unit with ECU are they the same ?

Old 02-19-2012, 07:37 AM

I got ABS warning light, accompanied by warning icon and shutdown ASC system, a message of "servicio cojin de aire requerido" (sorry, I haven't the message in english) and when I applied the brake, occasionally had a noise in the front left wheel. A visit to dealer confirmed failure left front wheel speed sensor, and the solution was to replace the damaged sensor; 1.5 hours of work, and since my Outie is no longer under warranty, I had to pay the bill, and everything is back to normal

Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 AM

HI folks, my wifes car came up with this fault the other day. However it drives fine.. anyway took it into our local garage. wehen i came to pick it up they said it needs a new ECU module which at the very least would cost a minimum of £500.. anyway i drove it to a friends how plugged his od unit into the car.. he found no warning codes at all!! but i still have the warning lights come up.. im completely lost as to what to do,, just rely on the garage and expect a huge bill.. maybe i need a second or third opinion. my friend who is a mechanic is convinced its not the ECU but works full time so im out there fishing for suggestions things to try etc before i go parting with a load of cash.. thanks in advance , chris

Quick Reply: ASC help please on '07 Outlander?