Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Auto/Fogs Stalk

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Default Auto/Fogs Stalk

Anyone know if you were to add a stalk to an HID-equipped XLS that contained a foglight setting and an auto lights setting if it would work? I know it's possible to add a stalk to add foglights, but I'd like to add automatic lights at the same time if possible.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM

There might have been someone on here that has tried it. But the main thing is getting the stalk that has the auto lights setting on it. I dont remember off hand which models (or countries) had them. I remember there was a japan one, but its right-hand drive...

When adding the stalk the main thing is getting the ETACS programmed. I dont know if doing the fog light program would add it or not. But Im thinking that doing the reprogram it refreshes the ETACS and if it finds anything new, it adds it. So it might work.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by tdford
There might have been someone on here that has tried it. But the main thing is getting the stalk that has the auto lights setting on it. I dont remember off hand which models (or countries) had them. I remember there was a japan one, but its right-hand drive...

When adding the stalk the main thing is getting the ETACS programmed. I dont know if doing the fog light program would add it or not. But Im thinking that doing the reprogram it refreshes the ETACS and if it finds anything new, it adds it. So it might work.
The 2010+ models have a stalk with auto and fog switches. Getting one shouldn't be an issue, I'm more concerned about if it would work.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Getting one shouldn't be an issue, I'm more concerned about if it would work.
My 2009 XLS has a sensor box mounted near the rearview mirror. I believe that is where the automatic light sensor is mounted. You'd have to get one of those and hook it up I guess to tell the lights to come on or go off.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Ok, well the 07-08 had a sensor on the dash that I believe was the sensor for the auto-lights (was functionable in non-US models). Again, I remember someone doing this and researching this. Hopefully they chime in.

But if so you might be able to install the new switch and with a re-program of the ETACS it could possibly be that easy.