Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

AUX input.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Default AUX input.....

The jack that is located under the screen of MMCs is for AUX input .Can thisAUX input support video????
Is there any other AUX input for video located somewhere in the car and can this video be projected in the MMCs??

Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Default RE: AUX input.....

Yannie-

from what I've read - that little stereo input port is NOT for plugging in Auxiliary equipment - it is for Mitsubishi to upgrade the MMCS at a later date. The only Aux input I have in my car (2008 XLS AWD - all three packages) is located at the base of the middle console - it is a full RCA (video, left and right audio) type port and supposedly can be used to connect a device that then can be viewed on the MMCS screen. You can only watch it when your car is at a full stop, however. Hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 AM

Is that RCA port visible or i have to remove a panel from the middle console??
I've read in this forum that some owners spliced some wires and installed a jack in the console.
I have the european model DEC / 07 instyle version( that means fully equiped)

Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 AM

Yannie-

I think the RCA ports are visible in some countries and not in others - kind of weird. I'm in the US and mine are behind a little door that pulls open and out of the way, so you can plug in any device with the same plugs. I think some others in this forum have had to "splice" their way into the wiring from inside the middle console. You might want to do a little search and see what you can find.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:59 PM

From what I've seen, the units that don't have a rear DVD system can splice into the wiring in the back of the centre consol for Audio only - i.e. a jack can be fitted to route output from an iPod for example. To access the input, press and hold the CD button on the RF head unit.

Where a rear DVD is fitted, the wiring in the middle consol is completed - i.e. RCA video, L and R. Selecting "Video" as the source on the rear DVD means you can play video from any device attached to the RCA - PSP's, iPod Video etc

Old 02-01-2008, 02:55 PM

I use the jack to hook into my XM radio (since I had XM first and didn't want to lose Opie and Anthony). I haven't tried the Video yet, but like sirnewt said, the only way to watch video on it is when the car is at a complete stop anyway.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: yannie

Is that RCA port visible or i have to remove a panel from the middle console??
I've read in this forum that some owners spliced some wires and installed a jack in the console.
I have the european model DEC / 07 instyle version( that means fully equiped)
Get in the back seat... its at the bottom of the center console... you'll see it.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 AM

i'm not blind....it is not there!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 AM

yannie, I'm working off the US XLS model, I don't know if its there on the other models or not, sorr I can't be of more help.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM

Yannie,

There ARE two configurations of the wiring. If you don't see it, prise off that panel at the back of the centre consol and you'll find the plug. I can't remember the colour allocations, but got my iPod to play through the Aux setting on the RF head unit after some trial and error.

Maybe your dealer can source you the correct panel with the RCA mounted on it?

Quick Reply: AUX input.....