Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

AUX input.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Default RE: AUX input.....

ORIGINAL: yannie

i'm not blind....it is not there!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14180/D94D4EE4AC984633AB9F549BE759DD83.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: sirnewt

Yannie-

from what I've read - that little stereo input port is NOT for plugging in Auxiliary equipment - it is for Mitsubishi to upgrade the MMCS at a later date. The only Aux input I have in my car (2008 XLS AWD - all three packages) is located at the base of the middle console - it is a full RCA (video, left and right audio) type port and supposedly can be used to connect a device that then can be viewed on the MMCS screen. You can only watch it when your car is at a full stop, however. Hope this helps.
I hope somebody can get definitive clarification from Mitsubishi on this. My dealer said the input on the outside edge of the nav screen is anAUX input for plugging in ipods etc. I haven't tried it and don't want to screw anything up by trying it since there seems to bedisagreement on the issue.

The RCA inputs on the consolewill work for ipods, etc if you have the correct wires (rca at one end and single plug other end). I haven't found one yet though.

Has anyone figured out a way to download an MP3 player's memory onto the MMCS?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 AM

I have a bunch of mini/RCA cables, but it would probably cost more in shipping than if you get one from a store, You should be able to get one for about $7-$8, You could also get a real Ipod/RCA cable for about $10-20.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: chenarm

I have a bunch of mini/RCA cables, but it would probably cost more in shipping than if you get one from a store, You should be able to get one for about $7-$8, You could also get a real Ipod/RCA cable for about $10-20.
Thanx for the offer Marc. I haveaSamsung K3 withasingle to single inline cable for an aux input. I haven't seen any cables that have a single inline on one end and RCA's on the other. I'm no audiophile so i don't know if they even exist.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 PM

When I got the outtie the dealer told me that the plug under the MMCS screen was an aux input, for mp3 players... People on the board have said that it is a dealer only plug for their own computer and software to be used.

I dont know, I dont use an mp3 player, I use data discs. So I havent had to go through this. It shouldnt hurt a thing by pluging a mp3 player in that plug and see what happens... might as well try.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: tdford

ORIGINAL: yannie

i'm not blind....it is not there!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14180/D94D4EE4AC984633AB9F549BE759DD83.jpg[/IMG]

That's probably and XLS. The LS doesn't have the jacks there. BUt the wiring is probably present behind the panel

Old 03-16-2008, 03:05 PM

All-

Wouldn't it be really STUPID for someone to design an AUX import that made it so you couldn't view your music monitor? I truly don't think that port - on the underside of the MMCS - is an AUX port. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it even says that in the owner's manual. I have read, somewhere, that there is a jack, you can purchase from Mitsu, that will allow all Outlanders missing the RCA jacks to connect MP3 players into the stereo system. I believe you can even purchase one on various Mitsu internet purchasing sites. You know it's funny. Once I bought this car - I don't even use my MP3 player anymore - what's the point? I have about 50 CD's in the system and I'm perfectly fine with that. Peace...

Old 03-16-2008, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: sirnewt

I have read, somewhere, that there is a jack, you can purchase from Mitsu, that will allow all Outlanders missing the RCA jacks to connect MP3 players into the stereo system. I believe you can even purchase one on various Mitsu internet purchasing sites.
Yep: http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/Merc...ory_Code=OUT07
or
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=541

Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 AM

This site is somewhat misleading:

Cargo Mat List Price $79.95
Our Price $60.90

Comes with Subwoofer

Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM

deleted