Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth Locked Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Default RE: Bluetooth Locked Issue

Yes, I have already tried the 0000, 1111, and 1234. No joy. I'll try the first four and last four digits of most common numbers we dialed. Thanks for the advice.

J.H.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
JMC

I had the same thing happen...I just reset my phone and the bluetooth connection feature and it was fixed.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Update...............I called the toll free number to MMNA from the mitsubishicars.com/owners website, and talked to one of their reps. He said the only thing he knew of to reset a passcode was to turn the key to the on position and hold down the hangup phone button for 2 sec. repeat 3 times inside of 10 seconds? Tried that while on the landline with mitsu rep but it didn't work.

After reading the maual on how to lock the handsfree system,it doesn't seem very plausable that either my wife or myself accidently locked the unit. It has several very deliberate steps that you must confirm to do this. I think my bluetooth module has a bug perhaps. It's a good thing I don't know where that module is because I would probably rip it out and use it for a clay pigeon. Looks like I'm going to have to bend-over and go to a dealer on this. I'm not sure if the module is a motorola but I'll call a stereo install biz and pick their brain for any other answers. Guess I'd better get the jar of vaseline out for the dealership visit. All jokes aside, I hope they don't try to charge me for a reset of this thing. I'll just have them replace the little module under warranty if they try any b.s.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 PM

IMHO, durex warming gell helps more

Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 PM
JMC

What's with not being able to change the side marker bulbs?? Read the manual in the bulb section...it's weird. Oh yeah...Bluetooth to keep on subject.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 PM

Well, I'm taking her in next week to the closest dealer. I bought mine in Las Vegas and that's too far to go for something like this. I did get an inkling of hope after talking to the service underwriter of local mitsu dlr. He said they have hadseveral of the bluetooth systems do exactly what mine is doing.Some kind of software issueis to blame.Most of them were able to be reset but he said a few needed new modules. Said it was covered by warranty.The modules are supposed to be around $900 and are not a normal stocking item!Whew! I thought that sounded a little high but I really don't care as long the warranty covers it.

J.H.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Take it to the dealer and make it simple. They know what they are doing.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 PM
JMC

Wow...$900? That's crazy....they must make out great charging that price.
What's with not being able to change the side marker bulbs?? Read the manual in the bulb section...it's weird.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 PM

lol, good point JMC, 900 bucks is rape... Damn, my cell phone has it, and it only cost me 145.00 us... guess I really stuck it to verizon

Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 AM

Update: Dealer unable to reset the module..... so new part ordered.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Locked Issue