Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

BLUETOOTH PASSWORD

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Default RE: BLUETOOTH PASSWORD

I need to RE-SET the bluetooth password, i can't even set up a new phone, everything is locked, will disconnecting the battery help??? I have tried 0000 and bunch of other numbers....

Old 02-13-2008, 10:40 AM

I'm not sure i understand your problem. Have you tried to delete your currently pairedphone and re-pair it? Is that what is locking up? If so i'm sure disconnecting the battery will probably reset it, but you'll have to reset everything else as well.

If you have the MMCS i believe there is a "reset all" function. I don't know if it's connected to the BlueTooth, but you could try that first.

If it's none of these, are you sure you have the settings on your phone correct? (phone enabled and visibility set to visible)

Hope one of these ideas works for you.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: nontoxicart

I need to RE-SET the bluetooth password, i can't even set up a new phone, everything is locked, will disconnecting the battery help??? I have tried 0000 and bunch of other numbers....
Delete the PAIRING

Old 02-15-2008, 07:32 AM

Hey, I got a reply from Mitsibuishi about the Passcode for the Bluetooth !!!! Will have to try as soon as I get home.

Per your request, here is the information we have on file in regards to clearing a Passcode on the 07 Outlander. We have noticed in the earlier released vehicles that this process does not work and at that point the system may need to be replaced.
If these instructions do not clear the passcode, we would encourage you to contact your dealership.

1. Power the HandsFree system up (ignition on for >5 seconds). Make sure no button presses are made.

2. Hold down the HANG-UP button for 2 seconds and release, 3 consecutive times within 10 seconds of the initial button press.

3. HandsFree system will clear the passcode and set the passcode to disabled.

4. For confirmation of success, press the SPEECH button and ensure the module says, "HandsFree system ready".

Any questions, feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at 888-702-4100, we are available Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm, CT.

Sincerely,

Mitsubishi HandsFree Customer Support

Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 AM

Tried this, and it didn't work. Visited a dealersing in Buffalo area, they couldn't help me either. They just said that it will take a while, make an appointment and they'll have to contact Mits.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:34 PM

I have you tried to delete all the bluetooth settings on your mobile phone first?

Puddy

Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 AM

Yeah, I had a similiar problem with my 07 XLS bluetooth. After working perfect for several months, all of a suddenthe bluetooth started asking for a password. Problem was, I never set a password and trying to guess it was fruitless. This problem was only solved by the dealer installing a new bluetooth module. I never could figure out how a password set all by itself. Dealer told me to set a password right away with the new module, since they have seen other Outies with the same issue.