Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Default Bluetooth Question

For those with the Bluetooth system, how to you activate multiple stored/paired phones?

I added both my wife's and my cell phones to the system with her's as #1 and mine as #2. Both paired fine, but after pairingi looked at both our phones only one shows connected now.Both are set to the correct settings (enable "on" and visibility "always visible"). Can only one phone be used? Or can multiple phones be ready for use on the system at anytime?

If only one can be connected at a time, how do you unconnect one and reconnect the other? The MMCS manual isn't that clear and my cell phone manual is worthless.

I thought that once paired the system would allow you to just say which # phone to use and then make calls for up to 7 phones. Is something wrong with my system?

Thanx

Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Default RE: Bluetooth Question

You can have more than one phone paired at the same time. Press the button on the steering wheel to get into the menu and I think there is an option for connect a phone that you have to say. Sorry I don't know the exact procedure right now.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 AM

I may not have been clear on my question. What i meant to say is how do you use 2 phones on the system? Can you choose which phone to connect to at anytime or will it only connect to one phone at a time?

For instance, if my wife and i are both in the car and both have our cell phones with us and i get a call on my cell phone (which is set at #2) can i answer it thru the Bluetooth system? Right now it won't let me, and shows only her phone as connected (her's is set as #1). I was under the impression that you could make/receive calls from any of up to 7 phones on the system. How do i get both our phones to show "connected" at the same time so that either one of us could make/receive calls viaMMCS whentaking a long trip? Or is this not possible?

On my Samsung phone it shows a blue symbol when connected and a black one when not connected. We have the same model phone and hers shows theblue connected symbol mine shows black unconnected one.

Thanx

Old 02-08-2008, 01:15 PM

You are suppose to be able to use up to 7 paired phones. Obviously not at once though. The lower ranked phones will just have priority over the others.

So that if #2 is using the hands free system, and #1 gets a call, #2 will get kicked off the hands free system and #1 will be able to use it.

Thats how I understand it. And yes the manual is not clear, especially with troubleshooting. Make sure that your phones are fully compatable with the system. I dont know if you've looked here but this might help,Hands-Free Phone: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners/index.do#

Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM

tdford,
Both phones are the same model and compatible, and both have been used to make a call.

The problem is thatthey both won't show connected to the Bluetooth at the same time. When i say connected i mean that the system won't evensee both phones simultaneously. I thought it was supposed to see up to7 phones at onceand then decide which takes priority if a call comes in. I can't get my phone to connect at all when my wife's is connected. If I shut hers off then i can connect, but not at the same time [:@].

This seems to defeat the purpose of having 7 phones paired...doesn't it? Maybe i'm just expecting too much from the system and it's not supposed to work that way.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:08 PM

I'll look into it and find out how to do it because I have done it before with my girlfriend. She was in her car behind me but still connected and called me. I was talking to myself over the microphone and speakers and was freaking out because I didn't know what was going on.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:55 PM

i think the BT n the outlander was only meant to have 1 phone synced in as default
my phone is #1 so it automatically pairs as the car is turned on, my wife's is #2
the convinience of the factory BT in having this is if phone #2 rings and you want it heard over the speaker, simply select that phone
it would have been nice though if the BT can simply cycle between paired phones whenever it rings

Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 AM

Cuffy,
Yes I understand you situation. You cant get BOTH phones paired at the same time. Just one or the other...

Yes, you are suppose to be able to pair up to 7 devices... I guess now I'm second guessing myself rather it can be simutanousely or not... which I was pretty sure yes... hmm

I'll do some trial-and-error with mine and see if it works or not.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:10 PM

tdford, goldenboy, abrcromber

Thanx guys, i look forward to hearing the results. The wife drives it more than i do so i don't get to play around withMMCStoo much. Plus having a 3 yr old and 8 month old we don't have much free time and i don't get much time for personal stuff after work either.

Appreciate it.