Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth stopped working. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 03:51 PM
Default Bluetooth stopped working. Any ideas?

I have a 2009 and I had the dealer install the Bluetooth about 6 months after I bought it new. It was working fine for years, but now it seems to have quit. The buttons on the steering wheel not longer do anything. The radio still works fine (Rockford with Sirius, no nav). All other electronics on the car are working fine. Any ideas? Is there a reset function? I haven’t checked the fuses but I doubt that’s the problem. So before I pull it, is there anything else I should try?

many thanks,

Busk

Old 12-16-2018, 02:00 AM

Mine stopped working took it to the dealer they said the Bluetooth module had burnt out. They replaced it and it started to work again.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Mine stopped working took it to the dealer they said the Bluetooth module had burnt out. They replaced it and it started to work again.
Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of, but a likely cause.

I wonder if I can just get a new module and plug and play, or is some coding needed on the new module that only the dealer can do...

Old 12-16-2018, 03:05 PM

I took out the module, sprayed it with contact cleaner, reinstalled it and it’s working again. Not sure why that worked, but worth a try if anyone else is having this problem.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:48 PM

The Bluetooth modules have been widely reported here to stop functioning. I'm going to try Busk's solution of removing it and spraying it with contact cleaner. Another user on another thread had said he wiggled the connections, which brought it back to life briefly. So dirty contacts makes sense. I'll report back if my attempt at cleaning it works. It would be nice to have the hands-free system back, but cleaning the original one is about as much effort as I'm willing to put into it.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by copyboy311
The Bluetooth modules have been widely reported here to stop functioning. I'm going to try Busk's solution of removing it and spraying it with contact cleaner. Another user on another thread had said he wiggled the connections, which brought it back to life briefly. So dirty contacts makes sense. I'll report back if my attempt at cleaning it works. It would be nice to have the hands-free system back, but cleaning the original one is about as much effort as I'm willing to put into it.
Also, I opened the module box and took a look at the circuit board. The intermittent functioning could also be caused by the solder cracking from one of the traces on the board. The solder joints where the the cable pins are soldered into the board seem like the most suspect. It's a difficult soldering job as the components are surface mounted and the solder joints of the pins are very small, but if you use a magnifying glass and a very thin tipped soldering iron, you could pull it off. Maybe, just try to re-solder/re-heat the bead of solder that's already on the joint where the pin goes into the board and it will be enough.

I'm a sucker for anything that will save me $400, and I also really liked using the hands free....

Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 AM

Hi could you tell me were this mouse is as mine stopped working about a month ago .😭.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mullsy
Hi could you tell me were this mouse is as mine stopped working about a month ago .😭.
If I recall correctly, the module is under the stereo unit. You have to remove that to get to it. There is a sticky thread on how to remove the MCCS/navi; same method would apply to any stereo.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:33 AM

Hi there!
I have 2105 Outlander V6 and my bluetooth just stop working. All other buttons are fine and stereo is good too. The only bluetooth is not working now. So my question is : Do I need to change all stereo system in the centre console or just a bluetooth system somewhere? And where is it?
Big THX

Old 05-03-2023, 03:02 AM

Hi,
Has anyone any experience from the devices in the Links below on Oultander 2010 (MMCS+Navigation+Video AUX)?

https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adap...interface.html

USB Android iPhone car integration adapter kit Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 (gromaudio.com)

Best regards!

Last edited by seneka21; 05-03-2023 at 04:34 AM.