Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bought A Outlander!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Default RE: Bought A Outlander!

ORIGINAL: antlip

Idont plan on putting anything on my aluminum roof or going up there excpet to clean it.
Right. This is why I need the crossbars to put my skis up there and eventually my bike (not sure about this one). You don’t touch the roof in this case, plus the crossbars mount on the roof rails which are mounted on the steel frame of the car not on the aluminum roof. It’s safe as long as you stay well under the load rating of the roof rack.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:43 AM

lalalalala
So excited! Picking my Outiee up today!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 AM

I didnt mean it like that. I just ment in general. On them cold snowy days your going to have to put the skis up there and not drop them and hit the roof. Plus any snow, dirt or small rocks from the moutain that are stuck in your skis will drop off onto your roof when driving home. I thought about putting my snowboards up there but I bought the trailer hitch and the yakama (spelling) bike rack and snowboard rack for the trailer hitch.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:22 AM

It makes sense, but I usually clean my skis after using them so no issue here. The thing is, I could put them in the car, but if I have passengers in the rear seat, plus the car seat, it would be inconvenient.
I'm not overly concerned about the roof. Rocks could hit it while driving. I don't think it’s so sensitive. You shouldn't put any load on it, true, but that's about it.
A rear rack is a good solution, but more expensive and not worth to me as I don't tow anything so I don't need the hitch.

Not sure if you meant I made a typo (Yakima), but I don't think I did as I was referring to this company: http://www.yakima.com/

Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Welcomeand good choice.

What is the big deal about the cross bars all of the sudden? I dont plan on putting anything on my aluminum roof or going up there excpet to clean it.
We have a little member of the family now so I have a stroller/carseat combo (Graco). And we have our in-laws visiting so I needed the 3rd row seat (I know I will have a need for it ) and there goes the cargo space. So I am looking at crossbars to mount stuff on the roof rails. I just wanted the part numbers so I can compare it with Thule or Yakima offerings.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

We have a little member of the family now so I have a stroller/carseat combo (Graco).
Congratulations!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 PM

Thanks dodo

Old 10-20-2007, 10:43 PM

Pick up my Outie!!! Wooot, love it! The cross bars was really weird from Mitsu. Something that look like this...http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/v...r/accessories/ just on the third section.

I will take a real picture of it tomorrow. Stay Toon! =D

Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 PM

Hey Guys! Finally got free time to post up pictures of my baby outiee!