Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bulldog Keyless kit in Outlander (trouble)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:11 AM
Default Bulldog Keyless kit in Outlander (trouble)

GOt a Bulldog KE150 Keyless entry kit for Fathers day[8D]. Seemed like a good idea.....

So I get under the driver kick panel, find the wire bundle heading out to the door, and (using my volt meter) find the 2 wires that register a 12V spike when I lock & unlock respectively with one contact grounded.

Seems like I've defined the my lock type as Bulldog's "Type B". I hooked up the wires accordingly (oddly it calls for 2 different wires, Red and Purple, going to a 12V continuous; I attached them together, then to a 12V Continuous)

When I hit the remote I get

*PhZztt* [:@]

Blow the door lock fuse.

I'm gonna call them Monday, but I thought I'd test the waters here for any input or similar experiences. If not, I'll post my results for future references.

Regards,
Bob

Old 06-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Default RE: Bulldog Keyless kit in Outlander (trouble)

Ok, here's the deal:

They don't have the info on their website as of this post, but they know what to do.

In the bundle of wires heading out the driver kick panel to the door you'll find :

Green w/ Red stripe for LOCK
Brown w/Red Stripe for UNLOCK

They're next to each other in the white plastic connector.

The Outlander is a "Type B" Bulldog installation whcih means the Purple wire goes to chassis ground. The Red wire goes to 12V Continuous.

Voila. Keyless locking.

Regards,
Bob