Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cheap OEM looking Mud Guards 2007+

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Default RE: Cheap OEM looking Mud Guards 2007+

I couldn't find any numbers on the box that you referred to. (#4)

The boxes here simply stated which vehicles they would fit on. I noticed that the stock number had a single number after the last dash, and each box had a different number. There were some boxes that ended with a 4, so I wonder if those were the same as yours?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 PM

They are in a different section where they have all the other mudguards in the store. They are in clear moulded plastic packaging and the number is clearly stamped on the front of the package.

Keep looking around in the store or ask them where they keep all the other mudguards. Took me forever to track them down in the store, but ended up going with the OEM guards.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:14 AM

I saw the ones in the clear molded plastic, but they weren't the powerflow ones....the powerflow ones were in boxes.

I'll check another location today.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 PM

Haven't checked in here for awhile... Glad to see many of you enjoyed the post and some have gone with the install.

Thanks to those who followed up on the question of the powerflow numbering system.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:58 PM

I have just fitted the OEM mitsubishi mudflaps (or mudguards ) as you call them over the otherside of the pond.!! I paid the equivelent of about 120 Us $ for them from my Mitsu dealer. They were easy to fit, no drilling required, they utilise the existing fittings for the wheel arch liners but with longer screws and flat washers. You can fit all 4 in about 20 minutes. They give good side protection from the salt and grit they are spreading on the roads here at the moment, also on a recent journey with my caravan they stopped a lot (but not all) of the muck thrown out by the rear wheels. A bit dear perhaps compared with universal fitting types but I consider well worth the money.
Happy Christmas to all !!
Ron

Old 12-19-2007, 04:44 PM

Also just outfitted ours with the OEM guards. Called around to some of the dealership and there was a considerable price difference among dealerships.

Paid more than universal ones, but figure it's worth the price for the convenience (45 mins to install...had to heat the surfaces given it is winter here) and they look great.

Both OEM and the universals seem like great options and both look great!

Old 12-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Someone should post high res pics of the install of OEM mudguards. I'd love to see them :-)

Dan

Old 12-21-2007, 11:52 PM

There is a great thread over at Outlander Free Forums detailing the install and pics of the OEM mudguards.....

http://outlander.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=40

Old 12-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Just got the OEM splash guards on. They look good, and are effective. Paid $90 through an online OEM parts vender: http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/Merc...ory_Code=OUT07

Install was easy, and you DONT have to remove the rear wheels to put these on. You need either a short screwdriver, or just use a socket wrench which is so much easier and does a better job of tightening.

If you live where it snows, these should be about a must. For when installing I noticed already rock nics on the black side garnish right behind the front wheels. I was like wow, I havent drove through much crap I had thought (6 mo, 10k miles). These are definitely going to help protect the outtie. If you have any doubts about getting a set, just take a CLOSE look right behind your front wheels down low. If you already got some minor damage, just think what a couple more years will do...

Old 12-23-2007, 02:53 PM

For those of us who live in cities where they spread gravel during the winter, you'll also notice quite a lot of rock chips on the rear door also without mud guards. The rear wheel well flare seems to catch all the debris being thrown up by the front tires.

Had I know the extent of the problem, I would have gotten the guards sooner. Was surprised the Outlander doesn't come stock with the guards when it is sold in locattions withwinter climates.

Quick Reply: Cheap OEM looking Mud Guards 2007+