Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 PM

Hi guys - thanks for posting this thread, ive been reading through it for a few weeks now and took the plunge and bought the updated version of Gabry & Ashs unit. Have to say im really pleased with it so far just two issues if anyone has any ideas:-

1. The clock setting keeps changing itself to 8 hours advance everytime I reset it to the correct time

2. My rear speakers have gone off despite being hooked up exactly the same as the old factory fitted unit that I changed

Neither is a huge problem, the sound from the front speakers is fine for me and im not that bothered about the clock but if theres an easy solution ill follow it through.

Does anyone know if the TV function has a digital ariel available - analogue will be getting turned off shortly in the UK and I fancy the idea of the TV facility?

Cheers

Mike

Last edited by rockboxer; 11-23-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
tcp
Default Just a thought

about the time changing. Is there a setting for local time versus GPS time? Maybe the unit is setting itself via the GPS time (GMT) and you need to set the offset from GMT that you are locally.

fader set right for the speakers? Probably not the issue.

Originally Posted by rockboxer
Hi guys - thanks for posting this thread, ive been reading through it for a few weeks now and took the plunge and bought the updated version of Gabry & Ashs unit. Have to say im really pleased with it so far just two issues if anyone has any ideas:-

1. The clock setting keeps changing itself to 8 hours advance everytime I reset it to the correct time

2. My rear speakers have gone off despite being hooked up exactly the same as the old factory fitted unit that I changed

Neither is a huge problem, the sound from the front speakers is fine for me and im not that bothered about the clock but if theres an easy solution ill follow it through.

Does anyone know if the TV function has a digital ariel available - analogue will be getting turned off shortly in the UK and I fancy the idea of the TV facility?

Cheers

Mike

Old 11-24-2009, 03:34 AM
ash

I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the newer version Nav Unit with the 8" 800 x 480 display (early Christmas present!). I have ordered it through CompuCN based in China. Cost delivered was £407.00. Hopefully it will be here soon. My existing unit will be going on eBay after I fitted the new unit (unless anyone makes me an offer here).

I use IGo8 Navigation software and will download the Gurjon 800 x 480 Skin ( http://www.gurjon.com/ ) which will hopefully make IGo8 work correctly with the better screen resolution.

Will take some photos when it arrives and post here.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Default Screen graphics

Hi everyone,

Anyone have a problem with their unit where the graphics have gone? Turned mine on recently and all there is, is a blue screen with the radio channels desplayed, everything else has disapeared. I think something might have come loose inside as it came back for a second and has gone since.

Any ideas I would appreciate it, thanks

D

Old 11-24-2009, 11:37 AM

Kelly - Mine did go off once just got a white screen but could still hear radio ect - I just pressed the reset button by the USB slot and it was fine

Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM

rockboxer: The unit Garby_75 has above is the same as mine and it's only anologe. I don't think any of these radios come with digital TV and a digital tuner is super expensive.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by traveler31m
rockboxer: The unit Garby_75 has above is the same as mine and it's only anologe. I don't think any of these radios come with digital TV and a digital tuner is super expensive.
Ah well not the end of the world!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:40 PM

@rockboxer: I bought a separate DVBT-tuner for mine. I do get digital channels but it really depends on your location. Reception is not really very good unless you buy a powerful antenna.

For those who're interested in buying the same unit as I have just take note that there is no iPod cable included. Compucn claims they're "updating" their cable. He wouldn't mention that to the buyers unless you ask. So I haven't tested the iPod function yet.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:24 PM

Dreager - Thanks for that, do you remember where you bought it from? Im assuming there is a universal fitting connection to the main unit?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:07 PM

Here is another 800x480 skin http://www.igo8mods.com/diMkaspecter1.1.25_HD.zip

Compucn sell the digital tuner for $90 USD

draeger, where did put the digital tuner? You also said that your GPS antenna is on top of the unit and you get a decent signal, do you have a dash mat? I am wondering if a dash mat will stop the signal?

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation