Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:08 PM
ash

Here's a few photos taken tonight, not the best quality, but you will get an idea how IGO8 looks on an 800 x 480 Display.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:47 PM

Ash: I was wondering if you are having these problems that I'm experiencing with the same unit.

1. Radio - it will suddenly stop working or lose sound. What I do is press "Source" and go back to the radio button and it will work again.

2. Bluetooth pairing with iPhone - whenever my iphone is connected with this unit via bluetooth my iphone tone disappears: I lose the sms and keypad tones but i can still hear the ring tone if someone calls me. No I don't sms while driving.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 AM
ash

Originally Posted by draeger
Ash: I was wondering if you are having these problems that I'm experiencing with the same unit.

1. Radio - it will suddenly stop working or lose sound. What I do is press "Source" and go back to the radio button and it will work again.

2. Bluetooth pairing with iPhone - whenever my iphone is connected with this unit via bluetooth my iphone tone disappears: I lose the sms and keypad tones but i can still hear the ring tone if someone calls me. No I don't sms while driving.
Nope don't loose any sound at all.

At the moment while I have the unit paired to my iphone, the microphone on the face of the unit either doesn't work or I have set it up properly. I haven't tried the external microphone yet that plugs into the back, will give it a try over weekend. I haven't noticed any iphone tones disappearing, will have a look into that as well.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 PM

To ash and draeger:
I am planing to buy the unit that you guys got, for my 09 model with RF so my worries are the functionality of RF and steering wheel controls. Did you guys need to purchase MITO-02 and/or ASWI-X? If I'm not mistaken this unit already has can bus right?

Also, as I was reading the details about MITO-02 it said that it retains parking brake function. I don't get it what does this have to do with the radio/gps system, anybody care to explain?

Thank you

Old 01-02-2010, 04:44 AM
ash

Originally Posted by Oj83
To ash and draeger:
I am planing to buy the unit that you guys got, for my 09 model with RF so my worries are the functionality of RF and steering wheel controls. Did you guys need to purchase MITO-02 and/or ASWI-X? If I'm not mistaken this unit already has can bus right?

Also, as I was reading the details about MITO-02 it said that it retains parking brake function. I don't get it what does this have to do with the radio/gps system, anybody care to explain?

Thank you
The Steering wheel Controls work without any extra bits. On the back of the unit is a 3.5mm Jack Socket and on the supplied Harness is a 3.5mm Jack, just plug that in and it works fine.

Not sure what you mean by RF.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:41 AM

Ash, RF mean RockfordFosgate, is for Outies with OEM amplifier.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 AM
ash

Originally Posted by jsrd
Ash, RF mean RockfordFosgate, is for Outies with OEM amplifier.
Ah, then in that case don't know as my Outlander doesn't have RF.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Default LCD broblem in cold

i live in canada and ever since weather got cold (below -5C) the lcd does not work till i drive for half an hour and unit heat up,then it start working.
does any one experiencing the same problem?
i have one of the unit with 7" screen (270*320) resolution
how about the new 8" one any one have this problem?
there is a new 7" (480*800) resolution called "digital unit" with new menu and fully compatible with original RF(Rockford Fosgate Audio system)
does any one tried that so far?
Thanks,
Mike

Old 01-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Do you have a link or pic of the new 7"?

Of what I know the unit that ash and draeger got, is the one that it is advertised to support RF (check the pics on the previous pages). Overall the unit looks great, you might want to check that out.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 AM
ash

There's yet another design out there:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Out...item2304b0eb51

I think that makes it five types now:

The 7" unit with the push buttons up top. Low res display
The 7" unit with the push buttons up top. High res display and improved UI.
The 8" unit with the push buttons down below. High res display
The 8" unit with the push buttons down below and different SD Card slot position and different UI.
The 7" Unit, with just square buttons on the side. High Res display.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation