Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:50 AM
ash

So far I have checked the illumination wire and that seems to be connected to the right one. However it doesn't seem to make any different as the button light levels stay the same whether the headlights are on or not.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Default interface module

I emailed Metra and they say you need a module to get the steering wheel audio buttons to work.

Now that I'm thinking about it what if turning on the headlights sends a voltage signal the MUTES the radio like an incoming call on bluetooth or something. If you have a digital low voltage DC meter read the output voltage of the Accersory (ACC power) wire (I'm guessing that's the wire that sends signals to the radio). Acording to the table in your manual if it's between 4.39V and 4.78V or 4.58V your radio is receving a MUTE command. While your at it see what voltage you get for each steering wheel audio button.

Sure would be nice if we could get other ebay buyers to give thier feedback here. Oskaramerica's Ebay lisitng say "Steering Wheel Interface Included!" so what does the he say about an exhange of your "defective" unit? He was nice enough to use all your pictures on his latest ebay lisitng. http://cgi.ebay.com/07-08-09-GPS-DVD...A1%7C294%3A200

I found two maufacturer's of this unit in China: http://www.sharingdigital.com/show.a...ander%20Series and http://www.szwaywell.com/prod_dtl.asp?id=495

Metra's Email Response on interfaces:
The MITO-02 will retain factory Bluetooth, but steering wheel controls are not available on it. You will have to purchase the ASWI-X in addition to the MITO-02 to retain steering wheel controls. The chime system of the vehicle is not part of the MITO-02 so the headlight reminder will not be affected. As for wiring diagrams, there is nothing I have to send you. All the wires on our harness that need connections made to them are in the instructions on page 3 and 4 that were attached in my last email.
If you do not have the Rockford system use the 70-7005 harness. The MITO-02 is strictly for the amplified systems. And yes our harness plugs directly into the factory harness.

Thank You,
Juan Lugo

Metra Electronics Tech Support
800-253-TECH
Ext. # 2322

Last edited by traveler31m; 05-22-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: added Metra's email response
Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Default the price??

Sorry guys for this info, but i found the same DVD player http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/search.a...B7%C0%B6%B5%C2 for $300 The shipping to Canada is $56.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Default bad link

AVTOGRAF: Bad Link, please post one that works so I can check it out.

GRABRY75: Try not to highjack the thread. Any after market wiring harness should do. http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=70-7005

Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=traveler31m;244563]AVTOGRAF: Bad Link, please post one that works so I can check it out.

Whole website is down. Link is OK
But check this http://www.timelesslong.cn/Simplifie...=379&SortID=68 the price is 300.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:03 AM
ash

I had a look at the wiring again over the weekend but still no joy. I don't really want to start pulling or cutting individual wires to check them one at a time.

One thing I did notice was when the radio was on and the headlights were turned on there is what sounds like an audible click coming from the area of the left hand front speaker. Haven't tied it down to being the speaker or something in the vicinity.

Next plan, when I find the time, will be to test each of the speaker outputs using a small speaker to see if the sound is being cut at the unit or somewhere else.

Haven't heard anything else from the seller.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
ash

Another thing I have noticed is when the plug with the speaker wires is connected to the unit the illumination lights on the air controls dim.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:22 AM
ash

Just a quick update on the use of the bluetooth on the Unit, as I have received a few calls now while driving. Pairing the phone was a quick and simple process, much easier than the system built into the car.

You can't use the steering wheel buttons to answer calls, but to be honest I find it easier to touch the screen on the unit rather than trying to remember which steering wheel button to press and you don't have to look down if you can't remember which is which.

The callers voice sounds clear, I haven't asked if I sound okay, but with the car system I was told I always sounded if I was talking in a cave.

As my car is right hand drive, the microphone is on the 'wrong' side of the unit for me, being on the left. However, it still seems to work fine and nobody I have spoken to over the phone have said they can't hear or understand me. All in all, the bluetooth works very well.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Default Please advice ? Should I purchase this unit or not?

what about map updates.

I live in UAE and i need UAE and GCC maps !

is it easy to get these map?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Default After Market Amplifier

Gabry
What kind of the after market amplifier you put into your car instead of the fosgat amplifier ?

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation