Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Default replay to your private message

"I'm going to purchase the Chines DVD GPS for my 2009 Outlander with Rockford fosgate system . Please tell me what kind of amplifier do I need to connect this system with my Rockford fosgate system."

mshokrey, I wanted to answer your question on the thread so everyone can provide input or benefit from it.

Accoriding to Metra you need thier Mito-02 for the Fosgate amplifier to work with an aftermarket radio. They say the Mito-02 provides the digital signal to turn the amplifier on and off. I asked a few of the sellers if the radio was already designed with the digital signal but none replied. Gabry has had no issues with an aftermarket amplifier and also mention the radio's CanBus addon that might work with RF ampi. I haven't bought the radio myself because of these unknown. If you buy the radio and it or the CanBus addon works let me know.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Smile Can Bus Adaptor

Guys,

Is this the can bus adaptor your are referring to ?
http://autotoyscom.blogspot.com/2009...-rockford.html
if so please let me know.

I might ask the seller to include it into the package so that it will be 100% working with Rockford fosgate.

Please let me know!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Default Mito-01 won't work

You have a link to a Mito-01, that's for older models. 2006 and up need a Mito-02. http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=mito-02 I'm not sure if it's the same thing as the CanBus. A vendor told me a Can Bus is:

"As the canbus,Actually it's called candi.It stands for controller access network diagnostic interface.It is a system that allows modules on a vehicle network communicate.Bus is a term for communication wires.Just like a data bus for home of office computers.Candi is just a network just like a group of office computers being hooked together.Candi is just a new communication protocol that is more efficient."

Does anyone have a picture or a link to CanBus? The quotes I have are like $65 for a Canbus and $100 for the Mito-02. If the Canbus works I'll buy the radio in a heartbeat.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Smile Waiting for Gabry Response

Dear Gabry,

It seems that me and traveler are waiting for the exact name for that can bus so that we can proceed purchasing this beautiful until. Please forward us these information as soon as possible so that the ebay seller will help us to get it with the package.

looking forward for your response

Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Question how to pay ?

How can I purchase directly from manufacturer and how can I pay for him safely?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Question Similar One but much better

Dear Friends,

I've just googled the internet for a while and found similar peace but it look as it doesn't have that Rockford fosgate compatibility problem.

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...Outlander.html

I've contacted the guy and asked him about that Rockford fosgate issue and find below his reply
My question was "I was wondering if your Build-in AM/FM Radio, RDS for optional can be connected to rockford fosgate sound system or not ?"

He replied
"
Glad to inform you that all our devices will go together with AM/FM Radio and RDS.
And it has output to connect to your car sound system.

One back camera video input ( CVBS ), one video input ( CVBS )
One video output ( CVBS), USB2.0
45Wx4 power amplification and 4.1 channels pre-out
GPS antenna input, SD card expansion slot
"

Please give me your feed back on that

Gabry and traveller ! what do you think of that ?

Old 06-20-2009, 03:30 PM

that looks really good.. but im debating whether to get this in dash gps or a Pioneer F-900BT .. buh i actually dont kno if i can make it fit yet

Old 06-29-2009, 01:06 PM

MSHOKREY, one of is going to have to bit the bullet, buy the radio and canbus and see if it works, worst case we buy the Mito-02 that works for sure or an aftermarket ampi to get it working. I still like the 7" screen model with symetrical layout of ***** and buttons rather than the one you found with push buttons on one side.

As far as buying, I've listed two Chinese vendor and Garby75 has listed a Canada vendor. All accept PayPal and have been under $500 but sharingdigital.com has been the best responsive and all inclusive price at $471USD. I recommend you use your credit card so you can dispute the charges if you have an issue with the vendor.

To: Traveling Sometimes
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:31:57 PM
Subject: Re: have you received my yesterday's email from sharing digital company(Ethan)
Dear C,
Thank you for your kindly reply email.
As the map,what you said it's right,it's USA map,made by ROUT66 ,including Miami,Florida etc...
As the canbus,Actually it's called candi.It stands for controller access network diagnostic interface.It is a system that allows modules on a vehicle network communicate.Bus is a term for communication wires.Just like a data bus for home of office computers.Candi is just a network just like a group of office computers being hooked together.Candi is just a new communication protocol that is more efficient.
As the shipping cost of MTD-706G,I made a mistake on this,the
vol.of MTD-706G is larger, the vol.weight is 9kgs,so you need pay 105usd for shipping cost,the total sum =(305+105)*4%=426.4usd,if you buy map and canbus,you need pay(305+8+35+105)*1.04=471usd.
pls check and give me your confirmed idea.
Looking forward to hearing from you asap.
Best Regards,
E

Last edited by traveler31m; 06-29-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Default Hazard switch

Originally Posted by ash
Well got home a bit earlier than normal and fitted the unit, it was a simple matter of pulling the vents off, unscrewing the existing unit and unplugging the connectors and then plug in the new harness. Switched it on and it worked straight away.

My existing single disc unit.

Head unit off and just four screws to remove this.

New unit plugged in to see if it works and it did.

Unit screwed into place.

Navigation screen loading up. Software supplied is IGO8.

GPS locked onto satelites quickly. The GPS Aerial has a magnet on the back and I just stuck it onto the top of the unit. Still seemed to pick up a signal without a problem

Nice screen as the DVD loads.

The DVD playing.

Hardest job was unscrewing the Hazard Warning button from the original unit and screwing it into the new unit. As you will notice from the photos on the original unit it says 'Passenger Air Bag Off' on one side and 'Passenger' on the other, but on the new unit it just says 'Security' on one side, don't know why.

The display isn't the best in the world and is pretty low resolution, but is okay.

There is no RDS with the radio which is a shame.

Sat Nav software is IGO8, which looks pretty good and seems easy to understand.

Only one button on the steering wheel control seems to work at the moment.

Bluetooth connected to my iphone easily. Haven't made a call on it yet though.

The Ipod connection is on the back, which enables the supplied lead to be fed through to the glove box without any need for holes to be made, so the ipod can stay out of the way in the glovebox and also stay connected to the unit.

Its got a TV, but I haven't got an aerial for it. The TV is analogue, so won't be much use in the UK soon.

The Unit comes with a largeish remote control, which is really to operate the DVD player. The DVD picture is okay.

Don't have the Rockford Sound System in my car.

No doubt I will report back once I have played with it a bit more.

Ash, can you tell me how you hooked up the Hazard warning light as I have unscrewed it from original unit bit there is another wire which I cant seem to detach, any idea's, thanks.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 AM
ash

Originally Posted by Kellyd1
Ash, can you tell me how you hooked up the Hazard warning light as I have unscrewed it from original unit bit there is another wire which I cant seem to detach, any idea's, thanks.
It is a simple case of unplugging it.

Where are you based? any problems like I'm still having with the sound going off when the lights turned on?

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation