Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 AM

Thanks Gabry75, didnt realise it came out that easily

Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Ash, cheers for the reply, I'm based in Ireland, received the new unit on Monday and the hazard was the last thing to sort out, haven't had the problem you had with the lights so i'm afraid I can't help you there, unit works ok with lights on.
The only thing I didnt receive was an sd card for the gps but I have purchased 1 on ebay so hope to get that up and running soon.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
ash

Originally Posted by Kellyd1
Ash, cheers for the reply, I'm based in Ireland, received the new unit on Monday and the hazard was the last thing to sort out, haven't had the problem you had with the lights so i'm afraid I can't help you there, unit works ok with lights on.
The only thing I didnt receive was an sd card for the gps but I have purchased 1 on ebay so hope to get that up and running soon.
Weird.

I seem to be the only one in the whole wide world with the lights problem!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Smile It is a really nice unti " CAN BUS Is just so fantastic"

Hi guys,

I ordered this unit align with the CAN BUS (as I do have rockford fosgate sound system) on 26 of June then I received it on 6 June installed it two days later.

First issue about the CAN BUS it is working guys go ahead and purchase it. I've snapped a quick photo of the can bus to show you how it looks like.

Thanks a lot for you gabry for the timeless long all people should purchase from them and thanks for pointing for that can bus

the price was 320$ for the unit 70$ for can bus + 95$ shipping charges + 34$ paypal charges.

The unit is working perfectly for sound bluetooh ipod radio. gps signal is OK

I have small problem with the GPS software. As i didn't purchase a software from the provider i Just managed to get two copies of gps software

1- I go my way v8.3.2
2- route 66

The problem is that both softwares can't detect the gps signal. I checked the gps signal through the unit native interface and it shows some signal which means it should be working.

I hope you can help me with this issue by:

1- Tell me what kind of navigation software you are using for this unit.
2- If you could upload that specific software for me to verify that the setting I'm using inside these navigation software is OK.

I hope you help me on that issue.

Regards,

Attached Thumbnails Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation-img_0079.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Default GPS com port for this unit

Gabry,

Can you tell me what is the com port number for this unit ?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Thumbs up GPS issue fixed

com port is : 2
baud rate : 9600

these should be edited in the
1- sys.txt file for IGO MY WAY V 8.3.2
2- Device.ini for route66

I think this unit support any GPS software that is capable of running under windows CE 5.0

I'm really delighted about this unit

so traveller1 you have no excuses for purchasing this unit

and all you guys don't have to worry about the unit compatibility with Rockford fosgate system as you can still purchase that CAN BUS from the original supplier of the unit "timelesslong"

Any more questions or nice comments I'll be happy to share.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:34 PM

MSHOKREY: Just sent out email requesting new quotes with the canbus and maps included so I should be purchasing real soon. 10 days shipping seems fast. It took ASH 18 days to ship from China. Where did it ship from and where are you?

ASH: You definatly have a defective unit or your car has bad wiring. I'm suprised you have not done a warrenty return. If you used Paypal I'd open a dispute before you run out of time and have no chance of a refund if you file a claim. I still think you car is supplying the "mute" signal when you turn on the head lights as if you were pressing the steering wheel mute button. Did you ever check to see if the car harness is supplying 4.39-4.78 or 4.58 (mute signal) volts on the ACC wire when you turn on the head lights?

Found another style but it's very expensive and does not look as good even though it has a bigger screen: http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/S...hp?prod=114565

Last edited by traveler31m; 07-09-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added website link
Old 07-10-2009, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by traveler31m
MSHOKREY: Just sent out email requesting new quotes with the canbus and maps included so I should be purchasing real soon. 10 days shipping seems fast. It took ASH 18 days to ship from China. Where did it ship from and where are you?

ASH: You definatly have a defective unit or your car has bad wiring. I'm suprised you have not done a warrenty return. If you used Paypal I'd open a dispute before you run out of time and have no chance of a refund if you file a claim. I still think you car is supplying the "mute" signal when you turn on the head lights as if you were pressing the steering wheel mute button. Did you ever check to see if the car harness is supplying 4.39-4.78 or 4.58 (mute signal) volts on the ACC wire when you turn on the head lights?

Found another style but it's very expensive and does not look as good even though it has a bigger screen: http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/S...hp?prod=114565

It was shipped from china to United Arab Emirates

Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Thumbs up Garmin Mobile XT is working on our sweet unit

OK Guys,

This is to let you know that I managed to use Garmin Mobile XT on this unit.

For more details check the following link:

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic....min+windows+ce

Remember to change the baud rate to 9600 in the file "Garmin.mscr" to get it working.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Default Bluetooth Configurations

Gabry and ash,

both of you pointed out that bluetooth is great and the other person says that they don't need you to raise your voice during phone conversation.

I just want to know is there any configuration you set for that cause I've had a couple of conversation through the bluetooth of the unit and the other party seems that they hear me hardly.

I hope you support me regarding that issue?

Thanks for your time

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation